What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Message Send Failure"

Reaction score
I want to send a picture from my Ipad 2 to my daughter's phone. I opened the "Messages" app. I clicked on the "write" icon and entered her cell phone number in the "To" box. I typed "Pictures" in the Message window. I selected the picture and tapped "Send". In a few seconds I received the failure message. What did I do wrong? I don't think she had cell service at the time I sent the picture. Would that matter? Does she have to have service/turned on at the time I send the picture? ~ Thanks ~

PS: I haven't upgraded. . .don't plan to. . .too many issues.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you trying to send the message to an iPhone, or a different phone?

I don't know which software you're using right now, but sending messages to phones other than iPhone wasn't possible before iOS 8, and with iOS 8x you only can do it when you have an iPhone too.

OP
B
Reaction score
My daughter said she has a Galaxy phone so I guess that explains it. She said for me to just send the picture to her email account. That should work, right? FYI for me: can I send a picture to another ipad 2?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughter said she has a Galaxy phone so I guess that explains it. She said for me to just send the picture to her email account. That should work, right? FYI for me: can I send a picture to another ipad 2?
Emailing the picture would certainly work. You can use iMessage to send text and pictures to any other iOS device and to Mac computers.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's an Android phone, you can also use Google's Hangouts to send pictures or texts to her.

OP
B
Reaction score
B/c of what Scifan57 said, I'm assuming I can send pictures to my daughter's ipad 2. I could wait until my 13 year old granddaughter (she has an ipad2) comes to visit in a few days but I'll just ask here. What do I put in the "To" box to send the picture to my daughter's ipad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The email address that she uses for Messages. You can see that in Settings - Messages - Send & Receive on her iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts