What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merged mail & reply question

beachin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!
I am hoping that someone can help.
Due to work, I have a couple different gmail accounts pushed into one. I have gmail set up so that I can reply via email as the email was sent. Meaning that if someone sends and email to account A and that account is pushed to Account X, when I reply to the email from Account X, I can change the "sent by" field to account A.
I can't seem to figure out how to do that with my ipad.

All of my emails are being sent as if I was Admin.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for your help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are in the Mail app, either select Reply or Forward. When the window pops up for you to enter your text, press on the CC/BCC, From: line. That will spread them apart and you will see a line that only has From:. Pressing that line should open a pop-up/draw-down window where you can select the e-mail address you wish to have that e-mail be from.

At least, that's how it works for me.

Oh, and if it's not an IMAP account you are sending from, you'll need to be on/with that account. For example, I can only use POP with my Roadrunner account. If I tried to send mail from my Roadrunner account while I was away from home ... it wouldn't go. Roadrunner would not let me. But, I could do this "trick" all day with my Gmail account...

Hope all that makes sense and helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also in Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars; set the default mail account to the one you use the most. That should help a bit.

You can only send as an account you actually have set up on the iPad, btw. There is no way for the iPad to find and use the different accounts you merge with GMail. The only reason GMail itself can do so is you've entered that account info into their site.

Most reactions

Latest posts