What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merge my ipad calendar with my iphone

R140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to merge my ipad calendar and contacts with my iphone. Itunes proposed it when i set up my iphone with itunes. I refused it thinking it could do it later but I do not find out how do it.

How could I do it?
Do I need to reset itunes or my iphone?

Thanks for support.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Use the cloud! ;)

I use GMail for my mails, contacts and calendar stuff. Simply connect your iPhone to gmail, and your iPad too. No need to synch as any modification will show up instantly on all your devices.

VicoPad addict!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to merge my ipad calendar and contacts with my iphone. Itunes proposed it when i set up my iphone with itunes. I refused it thinking it could do it later but I do not find out how do it.

How could I do it?
Do I need to reset itunes or my iphone?

Thanks for support.

If you are syncing on your computer (not through MobileMe or GMail) then all you have to do is make a change in you sync settings on iTunes.

With your device connected to the computer, go into iTunes and select the iPad from the Devices list on the left. Select the Info tab at the top. Turn on your calendar syncing.

That should merger the calendars. No guarantees on how well it does this. If you want to overwrite the calendar with what you've already god then go to the bottom of the screen under Advanced and select the replace content on device (or something like that.)

OP
R

R140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you are syncing on your computer (not through MobileMe or GMail) then all you have to do is make a change in you sync settings on iTunes.

With your device connected to the computer, go into iTunes and select the iPad from the Devices list on the left. Select the Info tab at the top. Turn on your calendar syncing.

That should merger the calendars. No guarantees on how well it does this. If you want to overwrite the calendar with what you've already god then go to the bottom of the screen under Advanced and select the replace content on device (or something like that.)

Ok, thanks I understand what you mean. In fact, I am using iPad calendar as 1st calendar. It is not on my computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How are you syncing your iPhone, if at all?

If you are syncing neither of them to the computer then getting a Google Mail account, like DrHouse suggested, would be the easiest way to keep them in sync.

Just go to Google and create a Mail account. Visit the Calendar site and set up any calendars you want.

Then go to your iPad and iPhone under Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add the accounts. Let the calendars merge if that is an option, but DO NOT let it overwrite the iPad.

You add the account one of two ways.

Real easy, just add a standard GMail account. Limited to Mail and Calendar syncing with one Google Calendar.

Harder, but more options. Add the account as an Exchange account. You get Mail, Calendars, and Contact syncing. You can also add extra calendars vie Google and keep them synced.

Use this setup: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

Be sure to follow the link at the bottom of the instructions on how to sync extra calendars if you've set up more than one in Google.

OP
R

R140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thank you. I will do it and let you know, then.
Best regards.

Most reactions

Latest posts