What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

{}#^*># memory leaks!

KenjiBeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright. I've had my iPad now for about two weeks and I've noticed it's not quite running as well as when I bought it. Apps crash to dashboard for no reason, others won't start etc... I've been doing soft resets and running memory-scrounging apps, and it helps, but is there a long term solution to this that'll keep my iPad from getting bloated every six hours?

Is this a widespread issue, and if so, what have you folks done to cope with it?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is not a 100% perfect machine ( but close). Programs DO crash. The more programs you have the more likely you are to stumble upon these crashes. Maybe that is why you got that feeling. Initially you hardly have crashes, since your iPad is "empty".
Any device running software has memory leak. There are no perfect software Eng.
[I'll have a crash almost every other day - the screen of a current Prog disappears , and I am back to the last main screen (Not Home Screen)}

I can suggest you download some free programs from the iStore, that can give you info about the memory state
I recommend you clear unused applications - Dubhe click Home Button and see what you got there.

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset, hold down the "Home" and "Sleep/Power" buttons for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple icon, release and wait up to 5 min. while it reboots. This fixes many odd problems with iDevices. If that doesn't work, try this.

I would try to remember what app/apps you downloaded two weeks ago and start removing them one by one until the problem goes away. I find that rogue apps are usually the culprit when this happens. Delete the one that causes the problem for a few days, and if all goes well, then re-install it and see if the problem returns. Sometimes that's all it takes to correct the problem, if not, find another program to accomplish the same task. Also, sometimes some apps don't play well with each other and cause problems that are hard to trouble shoot. Try different combinations until it's fixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts