What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members' Movies?

Bolthead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please forgive me for being so raw. Other than my iPod , this new ipad2 mini is the only other product I own.

I was told to check an iPad forum for results to my question.....which was. How do I safely download/install movies on my ipad2?

.....so I thought I'd start out with that one 1st. ;)

Thanks all.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I don't download movies. Anything I want is not likely to be legally available for free, so I buy the disks and rip them, using a variety of software. I then transfer the resulting file to the iPad.

OP
Bolthead

Bolthead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Speaking for myself, I don't download movies. Anything I want is not likely to be legally available for free, so I buy the disks and rip them, using a variety of software. I then transfer the resulting file to the iPad.

Thanks Kevin.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Netflix works pretty good for us.

We watch movies on TV using Roku, on the computer using Safari, and on the mini using the Netflix app.

Unless you have to have the latest and greatest it works. You can also use iTunes, but I don't know how that works yet.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive me for being so raw. Other than my iPod , this new ipad2 mini is the only other product I own.

I was told to check an iPad forum for results to my question.....which was. How do I safely download/install movies on my ipad2?

.....so I thought I'd start out with that one 1st. ;)

Thanks all.

There are a multitude of means so it really depends on what you want to do but iTunes is a good place to start, I have a number of movies that I've downloaded. If you want to rip your own movies (from DVD's or Blu-Ray's that you have purchased) then this can be done using software from the likes of DVD Catalyst.

If you know where you want to download those movies from then you can let us know and we can hopefully assist you with the "how to" part.

The Archangel

Most reactions