1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Mel

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by mwm, Aug 1, 2011.

1. mwm

mwm iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I downloaded pictures from the computer to the ipad. Then I downloaded more today, but the first ones are gone...Help! What I am doing wrong b/c I want them all to be on there....not remove the others everytime I download new ones.
  2. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    I have replied on your other thread.

Have you checked in camera roll within Photos....if they are not there, they have either been deleted or not downloaded correctly.

What pictures are you downloading and how?
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,988 / 1
    If you are syncing the pictures through iTunes, you need to understand what it is doing. It doesn't just copy them, it duplicates the folder, and if you remove the folder it duplicates the removal too. Any changes you make to the folder, or to the syncing selections in iTunes will also happen on the iPad with the next sync.

To easily add more pictures to the iPad in the Photos app you'll want one folder that you select in iTunes, then some subfolders (one level down only) inside that folder. Each folder will become an album. When you want new photos just add the new photos to existing folders, or create a new folder for a new album and put the pictures in there.

Here is some more information.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/40858-putting-my-pictures-ipad.html

If that doesn't do it try a search. This subject comes up a lot, so you can read all day about it if you want. :D
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    [Moderator interruptus]

Hi. I've got nothing to do with this (iTunes scares me!).

I'm just posting to say that I've deleted the other thread you created, mwm, as it's a duplicate of this one. And, I've moved this post to the Help section ...

Just so's no one is insulted/confused because their posts disappeared...

I now return you back to your problem solving. :)

Marilyn

[/Interruptus]
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  5. mwm

mwm iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it. I think I have figured out what is going on.