Meet the iPad Mini!

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Oct 23, 2012.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I can guarantee you that if you make a device heavier it will become easier to drop. Put the mini in a case to make it more gripy.

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Because the desktops are viewed from such a greater distance, the are effectively retina displays anyway. Also, the cost of making retina displays that large is going to get pricy, and yields are probably lower the larger you make the display. There probably are problems with uniformity, dead pixels, etc, when you attempt to make the larger. In time, it will probably be possible to get higher res screens, but apparently not today. Apple only delivers new tech then it is feasible to do so at their price points and in the volumes they hope to move, as you know.

3. Inqalexi

Inqalexi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It's bad, that ipad mini has nom retina display...

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think that one of the main reasons that the iPad mini has an A5 processor and a non retina display is battery life. The new A6x processor and a retina display would use a lot of battery power, and the small case of the iPad mini doesn't have room for a large enough battery to give a 10 hour battery life under those circumstances.

5. deepfarrell

deepfarrell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes I agree. I have the latest iPad cellular with retina display. I previously had iPad 2. The battery life on this one is pretty poor

6. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    But why would they update the iMac w o updating the Thunderbolt Display as well?

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF