What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MD331 & MD332 Demo

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Just got my hands on MD332 Ipad, I know its an demo version, the things I would like to know is:
  • Can You turn it to normal Ipad? (in settings->general there isn't reset button)
  • Can you update ios 5(its thw software versionts thats at the moments) to ios 6(I know the answer is - "Yes"), the problem is with the demo apps, once you update the software, the demo apps stop working.
Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
U

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it as a present. P.S. Its not stolen, device is brand new in the box.

OP
U

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll contact local shop and find out, but I'm sceptic about exchange, because all I have is the Ipad. In meanwile is the any solution to my question?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Which iPad is this? I only ask as ipad1 cannot be updated to 6.1, all others can be though.

These iPads can be restored back to normal, plug it into your PC with the latest edition of iTunes installed and restore, which will take it back to factory conditions. Let us know how you go.

OP
U

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its The new Ipad or Ipad 3 (MD331 is black, MD332 is white), 16GB + Wi-Fi.

OP
U

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just minute ago I called to local Apple store, and they said that with demo Ipad it isnt so easy as with normal Ipad. Said that it is posible to restore it to normal Ipad, but they didn't know anything about update to ios6(demo - with working demo apps).

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
U1traman said:
Just minute ago I called to local Apple store, and they said that with demo Ipad it isnt so easy as with normal Ipad. Said that it is posible to restore it to normal Ipad, but they didn't know anything about update to ios6(demo - with working demo apps).

Have you restored it? When you do it will update to IOS6.0.1

You will lose all demo apps.....they were never yours to begin with and you can just repurchase them if you wish.

OP
U

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I know, I think that is greed who is speeking trough me :D I'll try to restore it to normal when I get back to work, will update.

OP
U

U1traman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restored it today and got new Ipad 3 without any demo video or app.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
U1traman said:
Restored it today and got new Ipad 3 without any demo video or app.

Well that's great to hear and now go enjoy it! Thanks for letting us know too!

Most reactions

Latest posts