What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May 21st 2011 ~ END OF THE WORLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Billboards with this on it are popping up all over Sacramento! WTH? I heard on a talk show that it is some religious group....

I mean, I'm talkin all black billboard, with huge RED writings. I wonder who actually believes this?

So you can rent a billboard and slap anything you want up there?

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Religious fanatics are the bane of our society. I wish we could continue ignoring them, but then they do crap like this. I wish they would just all drink that special Kool-Aid and do the rest of us a favor.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only question is whether the iPad 2 will have been released before then. I don't want the world to end before all those speculations and rumours have been resolved.

Tim
Scotland

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This dates back to the Myan indians, they developed the first accurate calendar and it has been spot on for thousands of years. Well it ends On May 21 2011, thus the speculation that it predicts the end of the world. I'm on Tim's side I want to check out the new iPad before I check out......Film at 11

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, if it referred to the Maya-calendar, the date would be December 21st, 2012.
So I guess it's something else.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that I put any stock in this stuff at all, but the whole "the Mayan calendar ends in 2012" isn't correct anyhow. December 12, 2012 marks the end of the current cycle of the calendar. We are already on cycle 13 of the Mayan calendar without the end of the world occurring, I'm pretty sure cycle 14 will start right on cue.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Posters....damn they'll be in my inbox next.
You've only to look at them and ask, if you were God would you give your message to fruitcakes like that?

Personally I don't care what they believe as long as they keep it to themselves.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted a new iPhone5 too :(

I'm just glad all our religious nuts are in Bradford, Luton and Canterbury ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions