What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxjournal or chronicles ipad???

imdakine1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to find a journal / diary kind of app. I'm leaning toward maxjournal. Any thoughts.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope you don't take this the wrong way - I don't know where you're from, but here in the UK these apps are £1.79 apiece; why not buy them both and try them out?

I find myself doing the same thing sometimes - wondering why some developers don't offer a 'lite' or trial version of an app, then I realise that these apps are really, really cheap - shareware cheap, in most cases. I think it's funny that in a land of application plenty, we're still conditioned to the idea of 30-day or reduced feature trials.

Cheers, Pete

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imdakine1 is not the only one worried about a choice between Maxjournal or Chronicle for iPad - A Personal Journal. I am another person struggling to pick one and still trying to make up my mind as to which one to choose.

I do no have an iPad yet as I am still saving up to get one for myself for Xmas and if I am still short, then my family and friends could chip in a little to add up. Until I get one, I thought to spend the time reviewing the apps to make a list of what apps to download when I get one.

I could do with a journal to write about things I did and found Maxjournal and Chronicle, they both are so similar apart from their own pros and cons, and I found it hard to pick one.

I didn't think I was the only one thinking about which one to go for.

By the way Peter, I live in the UK too, you're right they are £1.79 each, but really, for some like me on low income, I don't want to pay that much for both and try them out, I would rather spend £1.79 on one and save the other £1.79 for any other apps than the £3.58 for both. May be okay for those who can afford to waste money trying out different apps, but not for those on tight budget.

Unlike imdakine1 who said he is leaning towards Maxjournal, I am still in the middle and still trying to review both.

I wonder how many others like us, trying to decide for Maxjournal or Chronicle?

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update:

I searched YouTube for anything on Maxjournal and found one clip, someone doing a review of Maxjournal and it looked so impressive, very neat and easy, I guess from this video clip, Maxjournal seems better than Chronicle for iPad. After watching this, I feel more leaning towards Maxjournal.

I would say Maxjournal could be better than Chronicle for iPad due to Maxjournal having a really easy looking layout.

Most reactions

Latest posts