Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iJeffrey, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So, I think I've found the perfect case for my pencil - a chopsticks holder:

[​IMG]

The inside part slides up/out and the pencil fits in perfectly. I'm sure it would rattle, but given that I have the Cozy tether piece on it, it doesn't rattle. I have put a piece of a cotton ball on the bottom to protect the tip.

The only thing "wrong" with it is that it's not quite wide enough for the Cozy, so I have to keep the cap off. However, as you can see, it still fits and it's easy to put the cap on when I take out the pencil.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with this hard "case."

Marilyn

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. metalcyclone

metalcyclone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was going to get the official case for the back of my 12.9 inch iPad Pro and use it with the Smart Cover but I decided on something a little different... I picked up a Targus case in brown leather from Best Buy...

index.jpg

817QYHfY2YL._SL1200_.jpg

So far I'm loving it!!

Its got that feature where it rotates the iPad to portrait or back to landscape when propped up in the stand mode. It doesn't recline very far even at it's lowest angle but it's good enough for my purposes... mainly I got it because it's pretty much a perfect match with my Jack Spade New York brown leather folio cover on my iPhone 6 Plus...

It also has a strap to secure the front cover in place when closed and a circle window for the Apple logo to show in back. So far I'm pleased with this case.

4. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    @ Marilyn, I got the Stand yesterday, put it together no problem. I used it last night and works great for when I'm in my recliner, even for drawing. I do like that it can do Portrait and Landscape. It does bounce a little bit when typing, but it's a good stand and glad I got it. Definitely feeling the affects of looking down at tablets for almost 4 years, so nice to give my neck a break now. Thanks for posting yours or I never would have gotten it.

I will say that even though the bands hold it securely, I just have my back cover on it and it does sag down a bit. I should probably make the bands a little tighter. They sometimes get in the way of something I need to push on the screen, but very easy to just move the band a bit to push whatever.

5. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad you like it, Andy! I'm telling you, I don't know if I can ever go back to holding an iPad in my lap. This stand is so convenient - and light enough to pick up and carry from seat to seat in my living room.

And yeah, when I first put in my iPad (every morning, after charging), I do have to carefully position the one band because if I don't, the odds are I'm messing with the power button or the volume controls. But, once sorted, it's good for the day. And, I use Assistive Touch, so I can control the volume and sleep with that; no need to mess with the physical buttons.

I'm happy you're happy with it - and welcome to the "Text Neck" Recovery Club!

Marilyn

6. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I like some of these chopstick boxes and things like it to hold the Apple Pencil, but I much would rather have something that attaches to a case or is on a case itself. Otherwise, I can forget the chopstick holder somewhere, just like if the Apple Pencil didn't have a case. That's why I prefer something attached to the case I"m using. Just my preference, but good Ideas none the less.

7. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Here's something for you guys looking for a case to hold the adapter and pencil. I got sent an email from amazon with this as one of the accessories. It looks like a decent case for a cheap price and gets good reviews on there. I like the one that says "Don't touch my Pencil!" with the big eyes on it. lol

Amazon.com: Apple Pencil Case Sleeve Pouch - Fintie Premium Vegan Leather Protective Carrying Bag with Built-in Pocket and Holder for Apple iPad Pro Pencil, Versailles: Home & Kitchen

Edit: Forgot to show a picture of the Fintie Apple Pencil case.

fintie apple pencil case.jpg

#77 Andy847, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  8. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Guess what's going to be added to MY Amazon cart! :)

I think I should unsubscribe from this thread! Gets expensive to open it up and see all the neat things I "have to have"! :cool:

Still. Thanks for the tip, Andy. Now I just got to figure out the pattern...

Marilyn

9. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wait, Marilyn. I thought you were using the Chopsticks case already? Your Welcome, I always have my eye out of new things for the IPP or Apple Pencil. Just share for anybody looking for stuff. I know what you mean though, I have a lot invested already in stuff for both. lol

10. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, yeah, I do - and I like it. But - I have to (1) take the cap off to fit it in (because I have the Cozy on it) and (2) it's still a bit of a tight fit, again because of the cozy.

I like this case you recommended better, so I did order one. So, I'll just put the chopsticks in the case and put them in the silverware drawer. It'll be nice the have a set of chopsticks that are "real" versus one you pull apart and rub together to get rid of the splinters.

I digress!

I'll let y'all know what I think of the case when it comes in...

Marilyn