What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like some of these chopstick boxes and things like it to hold the Apple Pencil, but I much would rather have something that attaches to a case or is on a case itself. Otherwise, I can forget the chopstick holder somewhere, just like if the Apple Pencil didn't have a case. That's why I prefer something attached to the case I"m using. Just my preference, but good Ideas none the less.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's something for you guys looking for a case to hold the adapter and pencil. I got sent an email from amazon with this as one of the accessories. It looks like a decent case for a cheap price and gets good reviews on there. I like the one that says "Don't touch my Pencil!" with the big eyes on it. lol

Amazon.com: Apple Pencil Case Sleeve Pouch - Fintie Premium Vegan Leather Protective Carrying Bag with Built-in Pocket and Holder for Apple iPad Pro Pencil, Versailles: Home & Kitchen

Edit: Forgot to show a picture of the Fintie Apple Pencil case.

fintie apple pencil case.jpg

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess what's going to be added to MY Amazon cart! :)

I think I should unsubscribe from this thread! Gets expensive to open it up and see all the neat things I "have to have"! :cool:

Still. Thanks for the tip, Andy. Now I just got to figure out the pattern...

Marilyn

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait, Marilyn. I thought you were using the Chopsticks case already? Your Welcome, I always have my eye out of new things for the IPP or Apple Pencil. Just share for anybody looking for stuff. I know what you mean though, I have a lot invested already in stuff for both. lol

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, Marilyn. I thought you were using the Chopsticks case already? Your Welcome, I always have my eye out of new things for the IPP or Apple Pencil. Just share for anybody looking for stuff. I know what you mean though, I have a lot invested already in stuff for both. lol

Well, yeah, I do - and I like it. But - I have to (1) take the cap off to fit it in (because I have the Cozy on it) and (2) it's still a bit of a tight fit, again because of the cozy.

I like this case you recommended better, so I did order one. So, I'll just put the chopsticks in the case and put them in the silverware drawer. It'll be nice the have a set of chopsticks that are "real" versus one you pull apart and rub together to get rid of the splinters.

I digress! [emoji4]

I'll let y'all know what I think of the case when it comes in...

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, my flighty, gadget/widget-addicted self went and got one of those pencil cases Andy posted about:

4ff2916ac25a885a8b6e831e9159c078.jpg

d0634b6158993d354049172b5673a968.jpg

And I like it, I really like it! I holds the pencil WITH the Cozy attached. In the little pocket I have the spare pencil tip and a clip I found that I use to hold the pencil on the iPad during "heavy" usage.

Once again, Andy, thanks for posting about this case. Works a treat!

Marilyn

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm going to give my review on the Ztylus Apple Pencil Case, please keep in mind this is my opinion for my Workflow and uses of the Apple Pencil, so your opinion may differ. I'm trying to give an honest opinion.

First off let me start with the Good. I think the people at Ztylus Innovation did a great job answering some of the problems people stated with the Apple Pencil when it first came out. Problems such as no clip to attach to anything, where to keep the Pencil cap while charging, and the AP rolling off surfaces. I think their concept is simple and efficient, but there was a couple of Cons that I personally couldn't get use to.

I received it on Friday afternoon, and eagerly put it together with the Apple Pencil. Right off the bat, I noticed the thickness and Weight it added to the AP. Now mind you holding both in separate hands, the Ztylus isn't that heavy and the AP does have some weight to it already, but maybe because the Ztylus is thicker and more like holding an old school Marker used to mark boxes and things, it made it "feel" heavier. I say this because I held it in my hand the last couple of nights, for a few hours at a time and it didn't bother me holding it when not in use and when drawing with it.

The point that is hard for me is the Thickness of it. As someone who draws and has done art before, I've never used a drawing tool that thick. I don't use magic markers for drawing, so the thickness is odd to me and doesn't feel natural. That is one of their selling points is that the Pencil Holder is better for holding for long periods of time, than the thickness of the Apple Pencil alone. I can see that being true, but I found it awkward to use trying to get small details drawn when drawing and just didn't feel like drawing with a Pencil/Pen or painting with a brush. So that's one of the biggest cons for me.

I also don't need the Clip, like some people wished the AP had. It does come in handy, just not for my workflow or preference/needs. They have a simple efficient design that answers some of the problems with the AP alone. It's easy to put the AP together with it, the box is much like the AP box, with instructions on how to put it together and can be used to store your AP with the Ztylus holder on it if you wish. It works just like an old twist to open pen. Twist one way and AP nib comes out one end, and twist back the other way to protect the Nib inside and the AP cap is exposed on the other end. When charging, pull off the cap and attach to the Charging adapter and you place the AP cap on the top tip of the Ztylus Pencil Case clip. It holds fine and I had no worries of it falling off while charging. The Clip is good for a laptop bag, or you can even clip it to the smart Cover, but I found that the clip being kind of thick, made the cover stick up a bit. Not enough to not put the IPP to sleep though. The AP being a bit long, the clip didn't fit well on Tshirts I have with a pocket on them, also didn't feel comfortable putting it in my front pants pocket, because of getting up and sitting down. I feared breaking the AP. The clip does provide an answer to keep the AP from rolling off the tabletop and as said has a place for the Cap while charging the AP.

If I were to rate this on Amazon or someplace like that. I'd give the Ztylus Pencil Case for the Apple Pencil a 4 out of 5 Stars. The only reason I took away 1 star is, because I don't need the pencil clip in my workflow and of course the Added thickness which is something I couldn't get use to. Your opinions might vary. I think the company did a great job with it and I think many people will like it. I have tried a lot of AP accessories, a pen grip, a pouch to hold the AP, and I'm always looking at what's new for the AP out there. Right now the best working for me is the Moxiware Magnetic Sleeve for the AP and an Apple Pencil Cozy for cap and adapter. I like having the magnetic option, because I can just attach to my smart cover on the outside on my desk and the cozy keeps the AP from rolling away. When I'm not using the AP I can just keep it on the IPP itself when I have the smart cover off. It's just my preference and not a knock against the Ztylus. The clip I will say is probably more secure attached to the smart cover though.

I'm attaching pics so you can see the Ztylus and I tried to show the different uses, but you can see this on their website probably also.

Pros: Has clip for attaching to something, solves need for where to put the AP
Clip keeps from Rolling away on Desktops
Clip has place to hold the AP Cap while charging and ease of charging
Easy Assembly
Open/Close action - when open can use the AP, when closed protects the Nib in case of drops
Simple effective design
Also wanted to note that although looks slippery from the pics, I didn't find it as bad as the AP alone. Maybe because of the thickness they made it, not sure on that.

Cons: Thickness takes some getting use to
Adds some weight to the AP (May just be my Opinion, could just be the thickness giving it that illusion. YMMV)

Suggestions: I think a lot of people like colors to make things their own, so I think if they offered in other colors besides just the White, it would be a good thing for people who don't like plain white. Just maybe make it a bit thinner, I found the thickness awkward for Drawing.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 840
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 809
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 802
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 780
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 778
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 741
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 701
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 775
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 761
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 805
Last edited by a moderator:

treasureseason

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A recent Kickstarter success, Tstand is an iPad holder for watching movies in bed. From my experience it works best with the iPad Pro's large display, but you can essentially use it with any iPad or tablet. It's available on Amazon.
ipad-stand-for-bed-2-1.jpg

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Logitech CREATE Keyboard

2015-11-10-153853.jpeg

As an iPad keyboard, the Logitech CREATE is a very good one, almost similar to the MacBook Air's keyboard in terms of key size, travel, and overall feel. The shape of the keys is instantly familiar coming from old Logitech and Apple keyboards; keys have more travel than the Smart Keyboard; and, iOS shortcuts at the top come in handy to unlock the device, control media playback, open Spotlight, and more. The keyboard has a Home button key that can be double pressed to show the app switcher and exit apps, and a Spotlight key to start searching for app content.
Available from both Apple and Logitech at $149.

I'm trying to get feedback on keyboard cases for the Ipad Pro 12.9. I've had the Pro for over a year (have had Ipads since the beginning) and have decided I could use a keyboard cover. I now use a Logitech BT keyboard with it but its inconvenient. I have a Macbook Pro 15" but find I use my Ipad more and a keyboard would work great. The kicker is I want to use in my lap and a friend that has the Apple keyboard says it isn't stable enough for that use. I'm looking at this one and the Brydge--I would like flexible angles--but only thing I know about Logitech is that it leaves a mark on screen--otherwise (minus the flexible angles) seems that it would work for me-heavier than Apple I know. It does appear that the quick connect for taking Ipad out would be more of a hassle than Apple keyboard though

Diane

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's the case I have. It's a good all around case; a bit bulky and won't prop the iPad up in portrait view, but otherwise satisfactory. That doesn't mean I'm done looking, just that like the stand I'm now only looking for the perfect case (for me).

Or a very portable stand that will do all the angles I want, and a super light case/cover.

There is a very good chance that I'll never find the perfect stand or case; which is why I've gone ahead and purchased items that meet my primary needs. There's always something out there that's a bit better, or at least sounds a bit better. :)
I know these are all older threads but maybe someone like me is looking for some info, I have 3 Pro cases--a Smart Cover clone, a Finte that's okay and this one, the Zugu, which is as close to perfect (minus the keyboard) as I expect to get.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found my ZooGue case perfect for working on my lap. It really works well. It's so adjustable, there's very few places I've found it doesn't work.
Agree--I do want a keyboard now but doubt I find one that works for in my lap as this case does

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know these are all older threads but maybe someone like me is looking for some info, I have 3 Pro cases--a Smart Cover clone, a Finte that's okay and this one, the Zugu, which is as close to perfect (minus the keyboard) as I expect to get.

Eventualy I decided the folio syle case was simply too bulky, and I was not entirely happy with the bluetooth keyboard was using; so I got the Smart Keyboard. I'm moslty happy with that.

For a while I was looking into a compatable case, until I realized I wasn't using the 12.9 inch iPad Pro the same way I had been using the smaller devices. I rarely hold in in my hands, and when I do I am generally leaned back and proping it on my stomache.

Once I admited to myself that I was using the iPad more like a laptop than a tablet, I quit looking for a case. The infrequent times I'm holding it doens't make the extra bulk worth while, especially when the extra bulk (however slight) discourages me even more from holding the iPad.

What I am still in the market for is a versatile, very portable, muli-angle stand that wokrs in both portrait and landscape (and is stable enough to use the pencil with). Something I can use when I don't need or want the keyboard.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eventualy I decided the folio syle case was simply too bulky, and I was not entirely happy with the bluetooth keyboard was using; so I got the Smart Keyboard. I'm moslty happy with that.

For a while I was looking into a compatable case, until I realized I wasn't using the 12.9 inch iPad Pro the same way I had been using the smaller devices. I rarely hold in in my hands, and when I do I am generally leaned back and proping it on my stomache.

Once I admited to myself that I was using the iPad more like a laptop than a tablet, I quit looking for a case. The infrequent times I'm holding it doens't make the extra bulk worth while, especially when the extra bulk (however slight) discourages me even more from holding the iPad.

What I am still in the market for is a versatile, very portable, muli-angle stand that wokrs in both portrait and landscape (and is stable enough to use the pencil with). Something I can use when I don't need or want the keyboard.

I don't hold the Ipad Pro at all--it generally sits in my lap in the Zugu case--I can set the angle easily for viewing or typing--but its basically sitting like a laptop (own a 15" Macbook Pro but find I can do 95% on the Ipad Pro). I like my Logitech BT keyboard--I can stick it in a bag with the ipad and carry it too--but its 2 things, bulky things. I tried the Finte case which has room for the keyboard in front making it a 'sort of' keyboard case and realized this is what I would like to use most of the time--but like the ability to take it out of the case occasionally. I use the Ipad for the Astropad app, use it for handwriting and other apps with the Pencil (mostly photo apps which allow me to use layers and brushes) too--so need to be able to take it out and put in stand like you--none of which are satisfactory LOL. So--maybe its the keyboard case for me--but I would like to use it in my lap and wonder if it will be stable enough--saw some complaints that it will lose connection unless its on a level area like a table.

I have three keyboard cases that I am looking at--the Apple, the Logitech and the Brydge (which allows you to set the angle of the screen to any degree). I will probably wait until the Ipad event to see if they offer an upgraded keyboard case and then make a decision. Thanks for your input.

Diane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use the smart keyboard in your lap, but it is far from a laptop like experience. You only have one angle and the screen is top heavy compared to the keyboard. Your legs need to be almost perfectly level for it to be even half way stable and comfortable.

I almost never do it. If I can't find a flat surface to work with I take the keyboard off and use the touch keyboard, all hunched up over the device on my lap, or holding it and typing one handed. Not something you want to do for long.

But I also have the iPhone 7 plus. As long as there is not a lot of typing involved, or I can get by with the mosty good dictation, then I'm likely to use it when a table or other surface is not available.

Most reactions