What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

Tomscave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered the pencilcozy. Just what I was looking for.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After using the ZooGue case for a few days, I have to say it's incredible. It's exactly what I needed. The kickstand system on it works as advertised and it's sturdy enough to be a good firm support when illustrating on it.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just received Pencil Cozy and adapter Cozy today and I like them so far. Like you said Mickey330, keeps the two pieces from being lost. I especially like that the Apple Pencil doesn't roll now. I'm trying to decide on a good stand to use for Drawing on my desk. I like the Parcslope Stand and this stand for the Ipad Pro made by Artisul. I'm having trouble deciding which one. That Artisul one has multi-angle and the Parcslope can just be used for drawing or typing. I'm leaning towards the Artisul, but worried it might take too much room on the desktop when fully laid in flat (Easel) Position with the stand straight out towards the back. Both the same price though. Opinions would be welcome, to help me decide. Thanks in Advance.
Twelve South ParcSlope Stand for MacBook and iPad Pro
parcslope 1.jpeg parcslope 2.jpeg
http://www.amazon.com/Artisul-Frees...F8&qid=1459216565&sr=8-1&keywords=artisul+051

61ta3bjsqPL._SL1500_ (1).jpg

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although I like the Zoogue Case/stand, I'm waiting on their new one Zoogue Case Prodigy, which is magnetic and although not as many positions, no velcro on the inside/bottom to get all my dog's fur stuck to it. I have a Lab and they shed a lot, so looking for something that will not collect it all on it. Just what I've read from the Genius Exec reviews, says it's a lint and I'm guessing Pet hair magnet. It's definitely a nice case, have been debating awhile whether or not to get it.

I've seen the techmatt and other stands like it, but read sometimes not stable in Portrait mode. Thinking the Artisul would be more stable with the bigger base behind the IPP. Thanks for letting me know though. I'll have to read more on the Techmatt. Definitely a cheaper way to go.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Techmatte is probably a little shallow for the Portrait mode. I typically stick with Horizontal and do all my rotating in App (ProCreate is what I use most). It's just easier to handle leaving it in landscape for me.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest weakness I found in the ZooGue was the pencil loop. It's great that it's there but It's so flimsy I could see it stretching or getting caught on something. I decided to do my own fix on it. There was so much room on that upper flap that I made a pouch and put it on it so that the pencil is completely enclosed and protected. It would be nearly impossible to fall out.

New_Pencil_Pouch.jpg

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Really like that setup for the pencil you made, just doesn't work for me, because I have a rubber grip from a pen that I put on the Pencil to keep it from being too slippery. So holders like that will not work for me. I'm looking into a laptop bag or sleeve, just something with pockets and a handle to carry it around in with the Ipad Pro.

Here is my latest piece of equipment and although I was going with the Artisul Stand earlier, I decided to cancel that order and get this instead. I just keep looking and stumbling onto great ideas for things and this stand does everything I want a stand or case to do. I can view in Portrait and that's a big plus. I can use on my recliner, where I do most of my time on my IPP. I can use it on my desk and use my Mac to view reference images when playing draw something (since not able to use side by side with that app). I like I can use both in portrait and landscape. I'll give an update on how sturdy it is after this weekend, when I'll have more time to use it. Just skyped with it and it's nice to use portrait instead of always Landscape view. Should work well for my drawing needs in the recliner and my desk.

It is also a lifesaver as far as my neck has been bothering me from always looking down when on my tablet. Also, the IPP is so large in portrait when playing a game or typing, it's too close to my midsection to type comfortably on it while sitting in my recliner.

20.jpg 21.jpg
22.jpg 23.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 32.jpg

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought that same platform to use with my Cintiq Companion Hybrid because it is so big and heavy , I wanted something pretty substantial. The Companion Hybrid is as big as m 15" MacBook Pro closed and almost as heavy. It worked okay but it was kind of clunky. I have a small folding table that stays by my couch that I put everything on when I'm indoors so something like that became a little bit overkill. With the iPad Pro I definitely wanted something I could use easy on the go and be super low profile. The ZooGue was perfect for that. One change I considered making for the Pencil pocket was to make it shorter and leave both ends open. That way it could slide in from either side.

I like using the case because I can walk out the door without having it in a bag and feel like I'm not going to mess it up. There are all kinds of cool 13" laptop cases though so you shouldn't have any problem finding a good bag. I found one a while back on clearance at Office Depot and bought it to carry sketch pads and it works GREAT to carry it in when I do want to use a bag.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You were right V.I.N.Cent, I ended up returning the WorkEZ stand today. It was sturdy enough, but I found it a pain to adjust the legs one at a time and even though it worked good on the desk, took up too much room on it. As for the recliner, I could use it there, but because the recliner leans back, I found I had to sit up as straight as I can to draw on it. So really not good for that either. Don't get me wrong I like the stand, but I think I'm going with my orignal one The Artisul stand and if that doesn't work, then will probably go with either Zoogue Case. Hoping the newer one comes out soon. Just thought I'd share my experience with it.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found my ZooGue case perfect for working on my lap. It really works well. It's so adjustable, there's very few places I've found it doesn't work.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I actually cancelled my Artisul order too. I going to wait a bit longer. I contacted Zoogue about the Case Prodigy Magnetic Case to see if it's coming out soon. I like that both Zoogue cases are cases, so no need for extra stand. I may go with yours or the newer one, just going to wait awhile first. I would like to know though, On the velcro one you have, is any part of the Velcro or part that it sticks to exposed on the back of the case when it's closed? I know the actual Velcro is on the inside, but is the other part it sticks to on the outside exposed? Just going from the way I see the photos, that the inside gets folded back and under, so I assume when it's closed, the other part of the Velcro is exposed when case is closed. Is that correct? Thanks.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "soft" part of the velcro is exposed but doesn't really pick up anything. The sticky part is protected other than when it's a stand. The only part that's gotten any lint or anything has been the micro-fiber inside cover that faces the screen when it's closed. When it's a stand, it's the part that's down on the table and if there's any crumbs or anything, it will pick it up. It brushes off pretty easily though. I think even with the magnetic case coming out I would stick with this one. From what I've seen of the Prodigy, it looks to have fewer adjustable angles than this one. I can literally put it an any angle I want and it stays.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just Tried working in "Portrait" mode with the "naked" IPP on the Techmatte stand and it's actually pretty stable. I was kind or surprised. Even pressing pretty firm on it was pretty stable. I don't think it would be all that stable in a case but naked in the Techmatte stand is VERY feasible.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, my doctor was yelling at me. My normal method of using all my iPads is to sit curled up on the couch or chair with the iPad in my lap. My head was always tilted down to look at the iPad, which was putting strain on my neck and affecting my back and posture.

So, the doctor told me that I've got to get the iPad closer to my eyes to stop hurting my neck and to have better sitting posture. So, I got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JF7LR4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a wonderful floor stand that is [surprisingly?] sturdy! Here it is as I am sat here typing this (with barely a wiggle while I use the on-screen keyboard):

e431aae4222fd6da7954be65196641a0.jpg

And, here's a closeup of the iPad Pro in the stand:

55e7ff0cdbada7b9f256f20168dc3839.jpg

As you can see, it just fits, but the bungee cord fasteners keep it nice and secure.

What I like about it that (1) I can lift my head up and browse, (2) the swivel arm means I can move it out of my way or use it in a different position/chair and (3) the 360° swivel head that allows me to easily go from portrait to landscape to portrait to landscape ... :)

I've never tried to use the stand with an iPad with a cover - but it works great for one without it. I really have no worries about the safety and stability of the Pro in this thing.

So, there's my current favorite iPad Pro "accessory." Makes things better for me all-around.

Marilyn

Most reactions