What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not iPad Pro specific, but working well enough. I wanted a stand for the iPad Pro, so I took a trip to my local Staples (it's in walking distance). This universal stand by Cyber Acoustics is doing a pretty good job. It was reated for both iPads (older models) and the Surface Pro; so both size and weight seemed to be covered. It's too bulky and heavy to be a good portable solution, but I don't see myself getting another stand for home use, unless I see one that has ninja skills. Price, about $35 (if I remember correctly).

I looked at the Blluetooth keyboards as well. The K480 had for the iPad Air would have worked, but the built in stand only fits the Pro in portrait mode, and even then felt like it might tip the keyboard back of I tapped a bit too hard (another reason I wanted the new stand).

My final choice is a smaller, more portable cousin; the K380. Like the larger keyboard it can be paired with up to three devices, and has a lot of specialized iOS keys. It's probably not the greates keyboard in the universe, but it's working well enough that I won't be in any rush to replace it, and for $30 it was a bargain.

I'm not suggesting either of these are 'awesome' choices. But for the price they are certainly good enough that you can afford to wait for that 'awesome' choice to appear.

I'm still looking for a good case. The keyboard is portable enough that I'll be on the look out for something light, good looking, and with lots of flexibilty when it comes to proping the Pro up. Though, I could still be tempted by a keyboard & case combo with the afore mentioned ninja skills.

View attachment 69292

Taken with the iPad Pro, if that makes any difference. And yes, my desk is messy. I'm a messy person. The desk is actually neater than usual. I removed the more ebarassing stuff. :)

I wondered about this one. Saw it at Staples and started to get it. How stiff is the arm on it. Stiff enough to use while drawing on it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wondered about this one. Saw it at Staples and started to get it. How stiff is the arm on it. Stiff enough to use while drawing on it?

No. It is ok for viewing in both portrait and landscape, but even typing on the screen is a bit awkward. It's not so much the stiffness as the height. I use it for reading (when I don't feel like holding it), watching videos, and when using the Bluetooth keyboard. If I'm using the touch keyboard I either use the case folded back, or just prop the back edge af the iPad against the stand 9that wouldn't woor if the iPad wasn't in it's case. The stand does have the bonus of several sizes rubber feet so you can adjust it for the bulk of you case.

It was very stiff, even a bit hard to adjust, when I first got it. Now it slightly on the loose side, but the iPad stays where you put it, so good enough.

If you are not in a hurry to get something just good enough, then you might as well keep shopping. I was in a hurry. Now I'm set well enough to wait for the just-right solution.

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. It is ok for viewing in both portrait and landscape, but even typing on the screen is a bit awkward. It's not so much the stiffness as the height. I use it for reading (when I don't feel like holding it), watching videos, and when using the Bluetooth keyboard. If I'm using the touch keyboard I either use the case folded back, or just prop the back edge af the iPad against the stand 9that wouldn't woor if the iPad wasn't in it's case. The stand does have the bonus of several sizes rubber feet so you can adjust it for the bulk of you case.

It was very stiff, even a bit hard to adjust, when I first got it. Now it slightly on the loose side, but the iPad stays where you put it, so good enough.

If you are not in a hurry to get something just good enough, then you might as well keep shopping. I was in a hurry. Now I'm set well enough to wait for the just-right solution.

Thanks. I'm not in a hurry, I've got a couple of "make do" stands that I had for my Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid but I'm always on the look out for a better solution. I'm tempted by this one:
Amazon.com: iPad Pro Case Genius Exec - 12.9 inch iPad: Computers & Accessories

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not in a hurry, I've got a couple of "make do" stands that I had for my Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid but I'm always on the look out for a better solution. I'm tempted by this one:
Amazon.com: iPad Pro Case Genius Exec - 12.9 inch iPad: Computers & Accessories

That's the case I have. It's a good all around case; a bit bulky and won't prop the iPad up in portrait view, but otherwise satisfactory. That doesn't mean I'm done looking, just that like the stand I'm now only looking for the perfect case (for me).

Or a very portable stand that will do all the angles I want, and a super light case/cover.

There is a very good chance that I'll never find the perfect stand or case; which is why I've gone ahead and purchased items that meet my primary needs. There's always something out there that's a bit better, or at least sounds a bit better. :)

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love it if someone would put out a case that had a similar kickstand mechanism to the Surface Pro 4 kickstand. That would be PERFECT.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these from Amazon, so I don't lose the cap
61mPqZtjHYL._SL1000__zpsmdblmlxj.jpg
on my pencil. I like that it also comes with one for the Charging adapter.

61mPqZtjHYL._SL1000_.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these from Amazon, so I don't lose the cap
61mPqZtjHYL._SL1000__zpsmdblmlxj.jpg
on my pencil. I like that it also comes with one for the Charging adapter.

View attachment 70639

If only I hadn't already lost my cap, and the charging adaptor (though that one might turn up).

This is very close to what I was thinking of to prevent cap loss, so I've been expecting the product, and a bit surprised it took this long to show up.

Anyway, I've put it in a wish list to order the next time I make an Amazon order. No need to rush, since my cap is already gone. I think I'll get the teal.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't even know what it costs or where to get a new cap if you lose one. I haven't seen that on the Apple Store Website, so are you out of luck if you lose it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't even know what it costs or where to get a new cap if you lose one. I haven't seen that on the Apple Store Website, so are you out of luck if you lose it?

No caps yet. They did start selling replacement tips a couple days ago. I'm sure Apple or some enterprising thrid party company will be selling replacement caps soon. At least I hope so.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well that's a Bummer for you. I hope they start soon. I did see that someone mentioned about the replacement tips. At least not too expensive if I remember right. Although, other than me dropping the pencil so much, i don't see it wearing down for a long time. I use it a lot too. That cap holder I posted about is suppose to keep it from Rolling too. I can't wait to get it for that reason alone. lol

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com

V.I.N.CENT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Cap/adapter Cozy. I ordered the set with the adapter the tether and the cap tether. They work GREAT.

Also go the ZooGue cover and this thing is awesome. It works GREAT.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Cap/adapter Cozy. I ordered the set with the adapter the tether and the cap tether. They work GREAT.

Also go the ZooGue cover and this thing is awesome. It works GREAT.

I just got my Cozy set Friday and they work a treat! Now, I have no more worries about losing on of the two little bitty pieces (or my cats playing with them).

Andy, I can't give another "like" to your post about these, so please have a "thank you so much for this product recommendation!" thank you. It's all I can do. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts