What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
Here's a handy new iPad Pro mount accessory:

(Full Press release:)
"NEW PRODUCT TIP
San Diego, California - newMacgadgets has announced their new Apple Store Displays for the new iPad Pro. Available in two models; a secure and non-secure (for home use) counter-top model, which replicates the Apple store acrylic display, and a stylish wall mount frame. Both are designed in clear acrylic to enhance the look and feel of the new iPad Air.

Counter-Top Model:
Designed for places where security is a concern, the all acrylic tapered counter-top display combines security with the elegance of the Apple store. Newly designed miniature stainless steel brackets secure the iPad Pro within the pocket allowing for better security and a cleaner look. They have also included a home-button guard bracket for applications that require continuous running. Our iPad Pro Mount secures to any counter-top with either clear adhesive strips or screws (both included).

iPad Air Pro Secure Desk Stand Mount Stand
iPad Air Desk Mount And Wall Mount Stand | newMacgadgets

Full-access is available to the touch screen, on/off switch and charging port. The charging cable secures underneath the base and routes out the back for a professional look. We also offer a non-secure version of this Base for home use.

Wall Mount Model:
newMacgadgets iPad Pro Wall Mount model is similar in design to their acrylic Counter-Top Mount but without the taper. The iPad Pro is secured with the same stainless steel brackets and also includes an optional home-button guard bracket for continuous running applications.

When secured to the wall the iPad Pro conceals the mounting screws to prevent removal (mounting hardware is included). Depending on the user's preference, the mounting frame can be positioned in either the landscape or portrait position.

Thank you,
Michael Schriner
President
newMacgadgets.com
newPCgadgets.com"

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thats one bad ass case ! Im tossing to get it or not.

Agreed! Right now I'm just using a Gray Smart Cover on my Space Gray Pro. I also put it in a light 13 inch blue laptop sleeve when traveling. But I have two UAG (Urban Armor Gear) cases for my iPhone 6plus, one is Blue and Black the other is all Black. Otherwise they are identical. They were kind of expensive at $39 each but well worth it IMHO. Very good protection! Even came with Screen Protectors but I don't use them. The cases though, I always use. Usually the Blue one...

So I too am tempted by the UAG iPad Pro case. The Blue one in the pic looks sick and that kickstand is an awesome feature!!! Please let us know if u decide to pick one up and what u think of it!

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just came across this...

Review: SwitchEasy's CoverBuddy Protects Your iPad Pro and Holds an Apple Pencil (Plus Giveaway)

Looks interesting...

b7b682e1089d51ad7465bc8137d982c8.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I really, really needed a stand I could just throw in the backpack, and haven't seen one that I like yet. So I cobbled this to gether so I could wait for that 'perfect' stand; instead of buying the first thing that would work.

WARNING: It's real, real ugly.

But it does work fairly well. So if you're in the same boat, this cost me about $25 dollars, but only because I was in a hurry. I'm pretty sure you could pick up all the parts for much cheaper in a dollar store, or equivilant.

2 small ring binders (must have the round clips)
A roll of sturdy tap. Duct tape is good.
4 pencils.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 499
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 477
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 481

hawk1942

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Urban Armor Gear for the iPad Pro

Protect your Apple iPad Pro with this Urban Armor Gear case, which features rubber construction with impact-resistant bumpers and a honeycombed core for enhanced defense. The kickstand allows hands-free use and is compatible with Apple Smart Keyboard.

Urban Armor Gear - Case for Apple® iPad® Pro - Cobalt/Black

View attachment 68786 View attachment 68787
View attachment 68788

I've been looking at this. It says that it is "comparable" with the Apple magic keyboard. Does that mean that the case and the keyboard can both be on the ipad whether the keyboard is being used to type or to cover the iPad as well? Anyone used the two of them together?

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Switcheasy CoverBuddy showed up today. First impression......hard to believe they charge that much for a thin piece of molded plastic.
All the ports and buttons are easy to get to. My Smart Keyboard is still on back order so don't know if it will work or not. Although they say it does.
The pencil holder on the back detaches easily. It makes a nice quick grab handle. Also like the angle it holds the iPad at at when you rest it on the holder. I'm just not convinced it will provide the amount of protection I really need. I'm gonna be dragging my "pad" back and forth to work every day, taking it on customer calls ect. In short it's going to get abused.
I guess it will do until I can find a nice leather case, something like the one from saddleback leather, that works really well with the Smart Keyboard or doesn't block the back camera.

Duff

John D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will be your one stop shopping for accessories for the iPad Pro. . If you run across a new accessory please post it here.

I am thinking of buying the Logitech create keyboard, does anybody know if there is anything new coming out but maybe less expensive but also with the smart connect. Thx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that the Logitech keyboard and the Apple Keyboard Cover are currently the only iPad Pro keyboards on the market that make use of the Smart Connector.

John D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that the Logitech keyboard and the Apple Keyboard Cover are currently the only iPad Pro keyboards on the market that make use of the Smart Connector.

Ok thanks I just wanted to check first before I purchased.

David Wong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Logitech keyboard is really a piece of junk. Got it and returned it in a week. Once installed, it's hard to take the iPad out of the case. Yes given the keyboard is great for any typist and the backlit keys are great for night owls like me. But the combined weight is staggering. With the case on, I felt that I'm lugging a MacBook Pro. Also I think it must be an inside joke for the Logitech folks to name this crap "Create", since I can't even prop the case to allow me to sketch with my Apple Pencil. I really can't create with "Create"... I'm so glad I just got my Apple Keyboard and although it's not as great as the Logitech keyboard, it suffices.. Now onto finding a back cover..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Logitech keyboard is really a piece of junk. Got it and returned it in a week. Once installed, it's hard to take the iPad out of the case. Yes given the keyboard is great for any typist and the backlit keys are great for night owls like me. But the combined weight is staggering. With the case on, I felt that I'm lugging a MacBook Pro. Also I think it must be an inside joke for the Logitech folks to name this crap "Create", since I can't even prop the case to allow me to sketch with my Apple Pencil. I really can't create with "Create"... I'm so glad I just got my Apple Keyboard and although it's not as great as the Logitech keyboard, it suffices.. Now onto finding a back cover..
Have you considered the case that Apple sells for the iPad Pro. It blends perfectly with the Smart Keyboard.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's crazy that there's still a wait for the keyboard and pencil . I finally got a pencil from Best Buy. No luck yet on the keyboard .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a little help for some people looking to get a Pencil fast. I just ordered my the On Saturday the 16th of Jan. and received my Apple pencil by the following Thursday Jan. 21st. I found it online at Sam's Club and since nowhere around me is there one to be found, I just ordered there and if a Sam's club member like myself, you can get one. That made me pull the trigger on getting the IPP early. They are limiting to two per customer, so you can even get an extra one. It's also about $5 cheaper than everywhere else. Hope that helps someone.

I just ordered one of these Apple Pencil holders from Ebay. A little expensive, but at least it's covered on top and I like that it has a chain to attach to a case somehow or somewhere on you. They had another type of sleeve for the Pencil, that wasn't covered, also for cheaper. Here's a pic of the one i ordered below. Then I'll post a pic another thing I saw that looks good, but too expensive. It's a Magnetic Apple Pencil Cap holder. Looks like it sticks to the smart cover too. I like the idea of it, not sure how top heavy it could make the pencil. It's also in Hong Kong, so not available in U.S. I'll wait for the Quarter to be released when it doesn't take that long to wait for it.

ebay Apple Pencil holder.jpeg

Magnetic Apple Pencil cap holder.jpg

Attachments

• ebay Apple Pencil holder.jpeg
    ebay Apple Pencil holder.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 328

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well, I just received the Apple pencil holder from Ebay, the one I posted above. I put a pen grip on my Apple Pencil for when I draw and use it. So it doesn't fit in that case. I need the grip when drawing, so returning the pencil Case. I like it, just doesn't fit with the adjustment to the Pencil I added on. So still looking for something to use to store it. Although The Zoogue case I ordered has one on it. Hopefully more options come out in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts