Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iJeffrey, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yesterday I was in Best Buy (don't live near Apple Store) and went to the Apple section to see if they had a keyboard case to try. They had a 9.7 with one installed and I tried it--didn't mind typing on it (and since i touch type found that was decent) but ran into the space key issue I've read about various places--that seems to occur after using the keyboard for awhile. I'm sure this one has taken lots of abuse but it still made me cautious.

For the time being I decided to stick with my logitech BT keyboard which pairs instantly on turning on. Still doesn't work for the lap but if I slow down a bit with the Zugu case that allows me to set any angle and is very stable lap typing works fine. I may at some point buy the Apple Magic keyboard because the Logitech (which i got on a good deal) has less comfortable round keys anf I sometimes type quite a lot. My old Apple keyboard just got exceptionally cranky about pairing--sometimes refusing.

2. metalcyclone

metalcyclone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Today I picked up an Urban Armor Gear case for my iPad Pro 9.7". It's pretty good for the price: $59.99 at BestBuy (where I got it), in Cobolt. They also had it on sale for about $55.00 in Black but I wanted the Cobolt for the extra 5 bucks... I have the pretty much identical case for my iPad Mini 4 but in Red and I love it! Been using it on the Mini 4 for about three months now. (The one for the Mini 4 i got on Amazon for I think twenty something BTW...)

Some of the things I like about this case for the 9.7" Pro are that it closes securely and nice and tight with a magnetic latch, its got perfect cutouts for all ports and speakers, it's thin and light while still providing rugged protection, and it even has a strap for the Apple Pencil. I'm a big fan of UAG cases which I have numerous ones for my iPhone and LG V20. I also had them for my Galaxy S6 Edge+ but I sold that phone... and you can usually find them for a pretty good price too...

I've only had this case for half a day so this is by no means a full review, just thought I'd share my initial impressions. I got the Pro 9.7 a few weeks ago and was using the smart cover in Gray along with a thick padded sleeve by Targus that I had lying around. I like this solution better as now I can be more mobile with the Folio style case and not have to fumble around with a sleeve/cover combo. I'm including some pics too!

UAG iPad Pro 9.7" Metropolis Series case:

UAG Case Front Cover.jpg

UAG Case Open.jpg

UAG Case Back.jpg

3. davidalan99

davidalan99
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    IMG_0014.PNG IMG_0013.PNG
    Just got the Tech21 rear cover with detachable pencil holder built in to the right side of the iPad. This one is for the iPad Pro 2nd generation. Works with the Apple smart keyboard or the Apple Smart Cover. It is clear, and has some light texture to the rear and has the usual Tech21 protection for all sides. With the pencil holder removed it will slide very easily into the Apple sleeve. As far as can tell at this moment it is only seems to be available at the Apple Store, online or in store.