What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marvel Gives You Another Chance to Get Over 700 Free Digital Comics

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
12001-marvel-comics.JPG

If you missed out on the amazing chance to download over 700 #1 issue Marvel digital comics for free, then fear not, as iMore reports that Marvel is offering another chance to sign up for the offer, but you’ll still have to be quick, as there’s not much time left. All you need to do to have this incredible amount of free digital comics at your fingertips is register with Marvel here: https://promo.marvel.com/, but you must sign up between now and 11:59pm tonight (April 9) in order to qualify. Marvel says that it will start emailing waves of fans from Thursday, April 11th onwards to let them know how to redeem the offer. They also say that there’s no need to fret if you don’t receive your email on April 11, as provided you registered before the April 9th deadline, you will be entitled to the offer, and your email will be on its way. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Click here to download the free Marvel Comics app that you’ll need in order to read the free comics: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel-comics/id350027738?mt=8[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Marvel giving away over 700 free digital comics... again! | iMore.com

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Maura! I signed up! The graphics are really stunning in these comic books, too!

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I signed up too. I tried the first time but it was too confusing then.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow....Marvel is adding 486 comics to my account. FREE! I wonder if I will ever read them!!!! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow....Marvel is adding 486 comics to my account. FREE! I wonder if I will ever read them!!!! :)

Did you see all of the free ones on your app? I forgot my password so I had to create a new one. Very cool!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you see all of the free ones on your app? I forgot my password so I had to create a new one. Very cool!!

No, I got an email so I went to their website on my PC....selected all the ones I had an interest in...and they are supposedly being added to my account. I have not used the app since yesterday when I checked to see if I could see the 700 comics. But I got the email notification yesterday, saying I had 48 hours to place the items in my cart and purchase them (at no charge). So this is what I have done...and I presume that after they complete the process of adding some 450+ issues to my account, I will be able to see them in the app. Basically, I got all the ones I read as a kid... :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I got an email so I went to their website on my PC....selected all the ones I had an interest in...and they are supposedly being added to my account. I have not used the app since yesterday when I checked to see if I could see the 700 comics. But I got the email notification yesterday, saying I had 48 hours to place the items in my cart and purchase them (at no charge). So this is what I have done...and I presume that after they complete the process of adding some 450+ issues to my account, I will be able to see them in the app. Basically, I got all the ones I read as a kid... :)

ooop...I didn't do that part!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ooop...I didn't do that part!

You have to do this part....and once you get the email you apparently only get a 48-hour window to "buy" your issues. I have received my notification that 450+ comics are in my account!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to do this part....and once you get the email you apparently only get a 48-hour window to "buy" your issues. I have received my notification that 450+ comics are in my account!

Hmm....I haven't received that message. I have only looked at "Free" section of the website. I figured the comics that had cost were not "free." Are they?

Anyways, I immediately downloaded the two comics onto my app to my ipad. All good.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm....I haven't received that message. I have only looked at "Free" section of the website. I figured the comics that had cost were not "free." Are they?

Anyways, I immediately downloaded the two comics onto my app to my ipad. All good.

Hmm....I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing....there are some 700 comics up to get....here is the email:

Your time has come, Marvelite!
You can now visit the Marvel #1 promotion page through the Marvel.com Digital Comics Shop. Just follow these simple steps to access and download over 700 free Marvel digital comics!

Step 1. click here to access the Marvel #1 promotion. Remember, you will have 48 hours to access this page and download your comics! To access the promotion page, please use your Marvel.com username (xxxxxxxxx) and password.

Step 2. Add your free comics to your cart and proceed to checkout. These purchases may take a few minutes to appear in your library.
Step 3. Sit back, relax and start reading your free Marvel #1 digital comics on your computer or compatible tablet or mobile device!
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]

I had to edit bits as it seemed my username was embedded in those links. I see no real way I can ever read all those comics, though, so it might as well be just two. :)

I do like the artwork.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm....I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing....there are some 700 comics up to get....here is the email:

I had to edit bits as it seemed my username was embedded in those links. I see no real way I can ever read all those comics, though, so it might as well be just two. :)

I do like the artwork.

No, I didn't receive that message. Maybe they are a little late!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to admit the Marvel Unlimited app seems quite flaky. The website seems much easier to use.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just read the iMore Article again and they said not to worry if you have not received the promotional email yet. Honestly...I am happy with all the free comics that are available to DL already!

Too bad we couldn't get any Archie Comics! ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just read the iMore Article again and they said not to worry if you have not received the promotional email yet. Honestly...I am happy with all the free comics that are available to DL already!

Too bad we couldn't get any Archie Comics! ;)

I was always a superhero fan. Never read even one Archie! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts