What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marine & Fishing Apps

Sundancer007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are some marine apps you have used and liked or disliked? I am very interested in is FlyToMap GPS HD, Marine&Lakes: USA HD By Navionics(i really would like to try this and hopefully it doesn't crash alot), MotionX-GPS HD, INavX. I figure most all of these would work on Ipad 2 3G. Thanks for any information.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sundancer007 said:
What are some marine apps you have used and liked or disliked? I am very interested in is FlyToMap GPS HD, Marine&Lakes: USA HD By Navionics(i really would like to try this and hopefully it doesn't crash alot), MotionX-GPS HD, INavX. I figure most all of these would work on Ipad 2 3G. Thanks for any information.

If you do fly fishing you might want to check out
FlyBench
This Is Fly
TheHatch
FlyFishing HD
They are either free apps or have free Lite versions you can try before you buy

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sundancer007 said:

And I forgot to mention that there are several fly fishing podcasts out there

OP
S

Sundancer007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Kc2ped, i am going over to look at some of the apps you mentioned now.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sundancer007 said:
Thanks Kc2ped, i am going over to look at some of the apps you mentioned now.

What type of fishing are you planning to do
Freshwater or saltwater
If the later there are tide programs that would be applicable
I think you could use a program to tell you the Moon phase and rise/set times of Sun and Moon for either fresh or saltwater

OP
S

Sundancer007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking at a couple moon phase apps with sun and moon. I fish freshwater. I finally found some 3g Ipad 2's today and it should be here Monday. All the WalMarts around me had wi fi models. I wanted 3g with Verizon. I guess i need to sign up for itunes now and get ready for the Ipad to arrive. I could not find any Verizon 3g 64gb around close to me live. I found a few 32gb 3g Verizon but no 64gb.

rconerly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.soundodyssey.net
There are a few that come to mind.
Fishing Status
Gaia Gps
Boater's Pocket Reference

I really like Gaia in that it overlays the weather in real time if you want. Pretty cool stuff. As a matter of fact just got finished mounting my Ram Ipad mount on the center console.

Most reactions

Latest posts