What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps on other applications

Galway1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I'm a newbie. As my name suggests I am in Galway in the west of Ireland. I am currently working on an interactive tourist orientated digital magazine. Currently if the user clicks on the find me icon. They are brought to google maps. What i would love to have happen is the user is brought to maps which is already on their iPad and it will show them where they are (by allowing the iPad know where they are) and the second pin showing them the location they selected.

Long term I would love to be able to allow the user have a tour of our city and as they pass landmark attractions they get an image and audio commentary in their own language. As they move around they get prompted with other interesting information that they choose to listen to or not.

If any of you out there can help with advice or otherwise. Please leave a message. Thanks Galway1

Most reactions