What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps and Siri

mstikes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished updating to IOS 6 and I was disappointed that SIRI as it was rumored is not available on Ipad 2. Another problem I have is that I'm having trouble finding the new Maps application. I can't find the Icon anywhere ?

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mstikes said:
I'm having trouble finding the new Maps application. I can't find the Icon anywhere ?
It's the same maps icon as before, exept it's not google maps, it's apples own.

OP
mstikes

mstikes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok found the maps app in one of my folders. Still i would have really wanted the Siri feature to work on my Ipad 2. Siri is great for rapidly opening apps by just saying their name in IOS 6.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished updating to IOS 6 and I was disappointed that SIRI as it was rumored is not available on Ipad 2. Another problem I have is that I'm having trouble finding the new Maps application. I can't find the Icon anywhere ?

It certainly would have been nice if Apple would have made Siri available on the iPad 2. However, it has been known now since the IOS 6 beta was released months ago that it would not be available on the iPad 2.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be dogging Maps...but this has voice turn-by-turn directions...the google maps didn't have that on my iphone...it's was useless for nav. This new version is useful.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be dogging Maps...but this has voice turn-by-turn directions...the google maps didn't have that on my iphone...it's was useless for nav. This new version is useful.

So far i'm happy with it. The 3d maps is better than the Google Earth version.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those that are complaining about maps because voice turn by turn isn't available in all the countries.

Most reactions

Latest posts