What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mapping Sites

GCHunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows if the new iPad OS will allow the export of GPX (GPS) files. I travel on a motorcycle and as of now have to carry a regular laptop so I can create GPS routes and export them to a USB drive to be imported into my motorcycle GPS. I am hoping I can start just traveling with my iPad.

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no support for GPX file export in the Maps app. I doubt it will appear in the next iOS update.

Some third party map apps can create and export GPX files. The only app I have that does this is Topo Maps; which is unlikely to be suitable for your needs.

A search in the app store for GPX gives several results. Open GPX Tracker looks promising, but there are several others that you should probably research.

Most reactions

Latest posts