What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map link to picture

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

My friend shown me his iPad , photo albums have addition tab that shown map link to photo taken.

May I know how to activate the feature, as my friend refuse to tell me how he set,

Paul

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can set it up in iPhoto, go to events and click the i in the corner...it will say event place, you can then tell it where it is or search the location...it will show up on the places map in the photo app.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some digital cameras have this feature built in where you tag the picture as you take it. Such as Samsung ST cameras, those can send your pictures on the web, like Photobucket, to a site of your choice when you're near a wifi hotspot.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From now on I will take picture when I travel . So that I can cover all the whole world . Since I like travel.

May I know what happen if I forget to turn on my located , will the photo I take have gps information ?

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have try the above for last few days. I found out that after I took the photo from my iPhone, I need to copy the image to my notebook folder and sync my iPad. This way my photo place will link all image with native map.

My questions is why I use iPhone to send image to iPad and these image will not link with the map.

Hope some one can share with me why ?

Any work around ?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have try the above for last few days. I found out that after I took the photo from my iPhone, I need to copy the image to my notebook folder and sync my iPad. This way my photo place will link all image with native map.

My questions is why I use iPhone to send image to iPad and these image will not link with the map.

Any work around ?

Read my above post it says how to set up geo location in iPhoto

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any work around ?
Hello Paul , for me when i transfer picture from iPhone 3Gs & Iphone 4 using the camera connection kit and Apple USB cable, the location work fine, maybe you have a 3G (witch i don’t know if that work with ipad)

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can set it up in iPhoto, go to events and click the i in the corner...it will say event place, you can then tell it where it is or search the location...it will show up on the places map in the photo app.

Hi gentle

My iPhone ver = 3.1.2 when I go to photo, I unable to locate the event . It is I need to upgrade my iPhone to ver 4 ? Pls advise.

Most reactions

Latest posts