What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

many questions

redwind30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to I pad and need LOTS of help! I have gone to the apps store that is on my I pad and "downloaded" (?) some games etc. In the middle of the games ads show up. Is there a way I can turn the ads off? If not; how do I get back to the game without pushing the home button that is on the bottom of my I pad?

I am also having problems navigating yahoo/google. I do a search and once I click on a page I can't get back to the original list of results. I often don't see a back arrow as I do on my PC.

How can I avoid getting a virus?

Thanks

bmahony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't get a virus on I devices.. As to your other issues it takes a while to get used to iPad..use the online manual to navigate around the pad

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
redwind30 said:
I am also having problems navigating yahoo/google. I do a search and once I click on a page I can't get back to the original list of results. I often don't see a back arrow as I do on my PC.

When you initially have your search results in front of you, hold the link until options open up, and select Open in New Tab. That way, you still have your original search results in the first tab. The back arrow is up in the top left of the Safari browser.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
redwind30 said:
I am new to I pad and need LOTS of help! I have gone to the apps store that is on my I pad and "downloaded" (?) some games etc. In the middle of the games ads show up. Is there a way I can turn the ads off? If not; how do I get back to the game without pushing the home button that is on the bottom of my I pad?

How can I avoid getting a virus?

Thanks

Were the apps you downloaded free ones? The ads are a way for the Developer to earn some money for his endeavors. Some apps have a paid version and this is the only way to be rid of them. On the ad look for a skip or X to return to your game, some you need to tap the top of the ad for an option to appear.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
johnny ingram said:
How do I save YouTube videos for off line on ipad

Have a look at an app called iSafePlay. I haven't used it but you can download you tube videos with it.

Oh and Welcome to the Forum!

Most reactions

Latest posts