What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manually adding album art to ipod app?

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a neat freak and I want my music on my iPad to look as pretty as my new sleek theme. I have several songs on my iPad which iTunes cannot find artwork for and they look grey and horrible. I want to know if there is any tricks or methods to adding artwork myself. I have tried placing a 600x600 .jpg file into the iPod folder, right next to the song, I also changed the name of the image to matched the song title apart from obviously the file extension. How do I get the iPod app to recognise that these files belong together?

Any help, as always, is much appreciated. I promise, one day I will stop asking questions and start answering some lol. I did manage to jailbreak my iPad and edit the theme, keyboard and lock screen and slider without having to bother you. I guess I am learning,......SLOWLY.

Thanks again in advance guys! :)

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad 2 16Gb 3G using iPF

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Good for you, Ava! No worries on the questions ~ we, well, THEM, are here to help.:)

THEM ,.. Makes these lovely folks sound like something out of resident evil haha :-D

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
As far as I know this can't be done directly on the iPad....bummer. Hopefully another member will prove me wrong. Goto step 5 on this page.
How to Get Album Artwork for an iPod or iTunes - wikiHow - wikiHow
Same process works for the iPad...

Well that is a darn shame, looks like I will have to steal my sisters laptop at some point and get it done; mine seems to be on the fritz. I think it's feeling a little depressed and neglected since I got my iPad lol. If I connect my iPad to iTunes will it undo jailbreak? Silly question i'm sure, be gentle with your response lol. I really don't want to go through that rigmarole again. :) cheers for the advice.

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
No....you won't lose your jb.

Marvellous,.. Then I have nothing to lose :-D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
No....you won't lose your jb.

Marvellous,.. Then I have nothing to lose :-D

But hold on. Unless you sync'd your music from your Sister's laptop to begin with they your sync partnership won't be with that one and you won't be able to manage your music through her iTunes... You cant be linked to both yours and hers.

Unless you can get your's fixed and your iTunes library recovered you are going to be a bit stuck... :(

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmmm,.. But can't I just forget syncing and just select the music I want to use? Wouldn't I just be able to put my song from my iPad onto my sisters iTunes and add the album art? Then put the song back on my iPad?...... Wow that's confusing even to me, and I wrote it lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts