What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Managing Photos on iPad 3

joelrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to manage my photos on my iPad 3. The iPad photo app is very limited. I installed the app, Photo Manager Pro, but it will not let me manage the photos I already have on my iPad. It appears you have download the photos to a separate folder for Photo Manager Pro to manage the photos. This would mean I would have two copies of my photos or I would have to delete all the photos I have in the iPad photo app. Does anyone know of a good app that can manage the native iPad photos?

Joel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Photo Shack Pro.

Several members have recommended the app. I tried it, but decided I didn't need or want it. I can't say I gave it a fair trial. My iPad photo organization needs are modest. The basic iTunes photo syncing does what I need/want.

You may find the app suits you.

ravaldes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know how to edit my photo in messaging. I use my messaging to stay in touch with my daughter in the U.S. and my
messaging shows a picture that is not even in my library!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'Messages uses the photo from your contact information.

You choose your contact in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. It's the My Info option under the Contacts settings.

You can change the photo in Contacts by going to that contact, tapping Edit, tap the photo, and choose one of the options.

ravaldes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally found out by trail and error that I need to go to photos tap on forward and assign a photo to a Contact, Message ect.
Tried going to Settings but that did not work.thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The instructions for Settings was just to find out what contact you'd assigned to yourself (or assign one).

To change the photo you need to edit that contact in the Contacts app; though as you discovered you can also assign a photo to that contact directly from the Photos app. I forgot about that method.

Trese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I am new to this forum as I have just purchased an IPAD3. My situation is I wanted to sync some photos from my PC computer to my IPAD. WELL. it synced every photo (I think) I have EVER taken. Help. How do I get my photos OFF of the IPAD. I did the transfer from I TUNES. Help Help. Please Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Now that is a useful piece of advice, and will replace the hack job I used to recommend. Thanks, twerppoet.

Well, as long as you are using iTunes. Not everyone does.

I'm curious. How were you recommending it. You never know, I might need a hack trick down the road. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Well, as long as you are using iTunes. Not everyone does.

I'm curious. How were you recommending it. You never know, I might need a hack trick down the road. :)

Deleting through Windows Explorer. Works for me, but not everyone apparently.

Most reactions

Latest posts