What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man Loses Finger in iPad Robbery

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-robbery.JPG

With the iPad being the current number one object of desire it’s a sad-but-true fact that people really need to start being careful about carrying one around in public. When Wired.com referred yesterday to the “steal-me” Wi-Fi logo emblazoned on the free iPad case that Sprint is giving away, they weren’t joking. Advertising that you’re carrying an iPad around is probably not the wisest thing to do at the moment, and a troubling story in today’s New York Daily News about a man who had the flesh ripped off his little finger by muggers determined to steal his iPad certainly underlines that fact.

The Daily News reports that Bill Jordan was collecting the new iPad for a friend at the Apple store at the Cherry Creek Mall in Denver when two men followed him and pulled so hard on his arm trying to get the bag containing the iPad that they ripped the skin off his little finger, causing so much damage to tendons that it then had to be amputated. Thieves are bound to be targeting Apple stores in particular, so make sure you’re aware of your surroundings when leaving a store with a purchase.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: www.nydailynews.com]

rle737ng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I would not use deadly force in defense of property. However, muggings do not always end with just stolen merchandise. In an isolated parking garage, the man may have lost more than his finger. I am not a victim.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may not shoot someone to save my iPad, but I would for my finger. However, I have no mercy in my soul for anyone that commits a violent crime. When you treat a person only as an impedence to your getting a few bucks, you have become less than human. The good news is that they have a good picture of what this SOB looks like and hopefully they catch and lockup him for a long time.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't lie...on April 3rd, I thought it would be a more widespread occurrence with the lines, hype etc. I did have concerns on the way to my car!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In what way scary? That something like this would happen? Go to any so-called civilized country and these crimes happen all the time. Only the size and extensive media coverage of our nation makes it more apparent. That we would think of firing a gun to protect ourselves? We, as a country, are less inclined to letting government control our existence. Therefore we have less faith in the police to be able to handle all crime. We are more into the individual responsibilty for taking care of our problems. Consider the amount of border that we have and could never contain. Add that one of the most dangerous and lawless nations today, is a large part of that border, we do not have the security of many european nations.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe human lives are worth more than a possession...be it the thief or the victim.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Four days ago, we brought you a story about a man, Bill Jordan, who was purchasing an iPad for a colleague, that eventually lead to a strong-arm robbery by two individuals. Not only did these two assailants rip the iPad free of Jordan’s grasp, but they also managed to remove a large section of skin from his pinky finger, revealing the bone beneath. We’ve now got confirmation that one of the men has been apprehended by Denver Police. And after the break, watch the security camera footage of the theft in action.[/b]
http://everythingipad.com

They got the guys.....

Most reactions

Latest posts