What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malware Protection?

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have unfortunately had to leave the Mac world many years ago and join the Dark Side. Therefore, I am not current on Apple-think.

Do I need malware protection on my iPad? If so, what do you recommend?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
This is a never-ending issue on computers, and one that really comes down to paying attention to where you go and reading, yes reading, pop-up windows if/when they occur. There is NO single solution when it comes to virus/malware/spyware, but with the right combination and forced vigilance, you can keep your PC clean.

I use, and have been using, AVG-Free for the last 3 years and put it on my parent's computers last year. I have not had an issue with viruses or malware in that time. AVG has the smallest footprint with regards to memory/cpu over the average. I also run Windows Defender with decent success. It picks up some of the stuff that gets through AVG.

IF something gets on your PC or you didnt read or just clicked through something, Ad-aware, SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes will get 99% of what comes down. With those, you do NOT have to keep them installed and running. You can install, update, clean and then uninstall them.

The best malware and spyware and virus protection you have is just reading. Keep in mind, NO internet website can do full scans of your PC. If one says it did - run away. Hit ALT-F4 to close the window - do not click anywhere in the window.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Deckyon,

Thanks a lot for your response. I agree with everything you say, even down to using AVG---which I think is great for my pc. But what about the iPad?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVG is free shareware with limited capabilities. Norton 360 is the ultimate , having said that I do not use pc and have never had an issue running my Mac pro(s) and the IMac.
I have not seen an anti virus for the iPad.
Use common practice by not opening attachments and only visiting trusted sites

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad is protected by the app store and the way the file system was built so in short no...just enjoy your iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts