What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making another browser the main browser?

Ipad2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded a app for another browser that I can use but how can I make it the main one?

Because when I click on links in emails it opens them in the browser that was installed onto my iPad when I bought it but I don't want that to happen.

I am now using the Atomic browser.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm...that's a good question. I'd like to know if there is an option for this as well.

mrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android let's you set a default browser when you click on a link...with chrome out on the iPad. .this would be a very useful tip

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, as part of my "duties" :))) as one of the Hacking section moderators, I feel obligated to tell you this:

If you jailbreak the iPad, you could download one of several tweaks that will allow you to select which browser you wish to have as the default. Then, you can press on links to your heart's content and trust that the browser YOU want to use will be opened (to include the newly released Chrome).

But, again, only if you are jail broken.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts