What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making an app...Blackberry and iPad app for BT keyboard

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I am looking to make an iPad/iOS app.
The idea is simple. I want to be able to use my Blackberry keyboard as a wireless keyboard for the iPad. There used to be an app called BluCTRL that allowed this function, but I can no longer find it.**And I read iBluever will also work, but I haven't had any luck with it. I can't seem to get the dial number right.
I am using an iPad 3rd generation on 6.0.1 (jailbroken) and a Blackberry 9900 on 7.1.0.746, although that shouldn't matter, but I decided to include it.

As we all know, you can't pair a Blackberry with an iPad, but I want to figure out a way around it, because like I said, I know other apps have done it.
I'm trying to figure out the HID profile to use. I am not a bluetooth developer, but I don't mind learning a new skill :). Does Blackberry have a special HID profile? Or can I use the generic HID profile?** Kevin, over at Crackberry had a video where he used his Blackberry as a wireless keyboard for his Xoom using Blackberry Bridge, and he said he got it to work with various tablets.** I would love to use Blackberry Bridge for this, so I am thinking that I won't need to create an app for Blackberry, but just for the iPad.

So overall, does anyone know how I can get around the Apple lockdown of Bluetooth? And where do I start with this?**Also, if someone knows where I can get BluCTRL or how to get iBluever to do this, that would be fine too.

I also wanted to note that I am NOT trying to use my phone as a hotspot to tether. I am just looking to use it as a bluetooth keyboard (...and maybe mouse once I get it working).

I am posting this on Crackberry and ipadforums. And for the Crackberry team, I know the mouse idea seems pointless because BB10 doesn't have a trackpad, but I want to try anyway.

Thanks for your input.

Most reactions

Latest posts