What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make pdf on ipad?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this possible? I want to make a .doc into a PDF, is there an app that does this?

Any you recommend?

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely - Pages can save as either .doc or .pdf and so can Numbers and Keynote.

No problem!!

Tim

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah ok thanks Tim! So I can open a Doc in goodreader, then 'open in' pages, save as PDF in pages then 'open in' goodreader?

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah ok thanks Tim! So I can open a Doc in goodreader, then 'open in' pages, save as PDF in pages then 'open in' goodreader?

Cheers

No problem - done it many times myself.

Tim

Caveat - you can save it in Pages, but not back to GoodReader directly. I go via Apple's MobileMe iDisk, but WebDAV or iTunes works just fine.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Caveat - you can save it in Pages, but not back to GoodReader directly. I go via Apple's MobileMe iDisk, but WebDAV or iTunes works just fine.

So if I Created a PDF and saved it to the WebDAV (dropbox one) could I then open it in good reader using dropbox?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
So if I Created a PDF and saved it to the WebDAV (dropbox one) could I then open it in good reader using dropbox?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Yes, in Goodreader, select Connect to Servers (located on the right-hand side), than tap on Add, choose Dropbox, enter your dropbox account. Now the dropbox account will appear in the server list and you can download any file.

tio fa li

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I open a document from Dropbox, read it, edit with Pages... Up to now everything wonderful.

My problem is that I just can't find the way to save my document into Dropbox again.

Do you know how to do it?

Reaction score
tio fa li said:
I open a document from Dropbox, read it, edit with Pages... Up to now everything wonderful.

My problem is that I just can't find the way to save my document into Dropbox again.

Do you know how to do it?

To integrate Dropbox into Pages/Numbers/Keyboards, you will need to use a service, such as Dropdav http://www.dropdav.com/.

All you need to do is set up an account with them (if your Dropbox account is free, then Dropdav is also free, otherwise it costs 30% of the Dropbox subscription). After you create an account there, just go to Pages, select Copy to WebDav and set the server to https://dav.dropdav.com, and for the user name and password, use the dropbox account credentials.

Easy setup and works a treat.

Last edited:

tio fa li

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah!!!, it works!!!. Just incredible how fast and easy is.
many thanks DontUnderstand.
I Guess every time more and more that iPad is just the beginning. It is no doubt the computer of the future.
Goodbye PC, goodbye laptops...

Rafael

Vigor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good news

it''s easy to done it either in iPad or computer, it's convenient!

Most reactions

Latest posts