What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make iTunes sync when iPad connected to PC

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At one stage, when I connected my iPad to my PC with USB, iTunes would boot onto the desktop and sync photos etc. without my interference. This functionality has been misplaced with all the updates. How do I get it back?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you need to check your settings. If you connect the iPad to your computer, you should see your device in iTunes. Click on it and you will see Summary. Then make sure the correct sync options are checked, then tap Apply.

Last edited:
OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then make sure the correct sync options are checked, then tap Apply.

What options are you talking about? The only option I can see that looks relevant is this one.
s!ArMxdUYEh9fKgWi1SqAhOPcZSSaj

As you can see, that is set but I still don't have iTunes opening on connection.

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have your photo syncing options there. After checking them, tap Done.
I've done that a dozen times - and I still have to start iTunes manually when I connect my iPad to my PC. Everything we've looked at I've looked at before - and clicked on 'Done' - that's what had me puzzled, and that's why I posted the start of this thread.

Now what do we do?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is a mystery. I wonder if anyone else has any suggestions. I am sorry I haven't been able to help in this instance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for trying. I'll keep the watch open. As you say, someone might have another idea.
I noticed from your screenshot of the iTunes page that you're using a Windows computer.
IMG_2949.PNG

Look at the menu at the top left of the screen and click on the Edit button. From the menu box that opens up, click on Preferences at the bottom of the list. This will open up the iTunes Preferences page. Now you click on the Devices icon at the top of the page. On the Devices page there's a box displaying any stored device backups. Directly below this box is the phrase"Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically". Make sure that the check box next to the phrase is not checked. If it is, click on it to uncheck it. Finally, click the OK button at the bottom of the page to exit preferences. Now when you connect an iOS device to iTunes, it will automatically sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts