What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make Game Center go away?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since updating to iOS6, every time I start a game I'm interrupted by a stupid request to log in to Game Center. I have to dismiss the dialog--TWICE!--to start a game. This is WAY more annoying than the Maps fiasco. Any ideas on how to nuke Game Center? Grrrrrr!

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
*bump*

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is just pick a game name and log into Game Center. You don't have to use it, or share your name with anyone.

There is no general "turn off Game Center" control. It's up to each app whether it uses it and how it goes about asking you if you want to use it.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It's up to each app whether it uses it and how it goes about asking you if you want to use it.
Well, a couple of games that never asked before are asking now, since iOS6 was installed. Those games have not been updated recently.

Most reactions

Latest posts