What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mailboxes

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

You can't do it directly on the mail app, if you have an smtp account you can go to your webmail and make new mailboxes which will then appear on your iPad. If you are using a pop account then there is no way to do this.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

I'll add my welcome to Gabriel's! Here's a link to the free iPad User Manual:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

Everything you need to know can be found there, but if you have a question, don't hesitate to let us know!

Please have a look at the information that can be found in the links below my signature to improve your time on the forum as well as with your new iPad.

Best wishes!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .You can't do it directly on the mail app, if you have an smtp account you can. . .

The Archangel

IMAP or Exchange accounts will sync mail folders with the server. POP accounts won't. SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a protocol/server most most providers use to handle outgoing mail, and is standard for both IMAP and POP accounts.

The IMAP and POP protocols have to do with handling mail syncing/copying between a computer client and the server. SMTP sends your email on it's way to the recipient; although that is probably a gross over simplification it will have to do, because thats about all I understand about it myself. ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
IMAP or Exchange accounts will sync mail folders with the server. POP accounts won't. SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a protocol/server most most providers use to handle outgoing mail, and is standard for both IMAP and POP accounts.

The IMAP and POP protocols have to do with handling mail syncing/copying between a computer client and the server. SMTP sends your email on it's way to the recipient; although that is probably a gross over simplification it will have to do, because thats about all I understand about it myself. ;)

Oh.....did I say SMTP instead of IMAP......I need to slap myself every now and again!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No need for violence. ;)

Did you know the Air Force (U.S.) has a TLA (Three Letter Acronym) Manual? I've always thought that was hilarious.

Most reactions