What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mailbox

Hazza46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mailbox shows I have nearly 6000 emails yet when I click on my mailbox to see mail emails there are only 4 messages.
Why does it show I have so many and how can I get rid of that huge number next to my mailbox ?
Kind regards

Harry

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My mailbox shows I have nearly 6000 emails yet when I click on my mailbox to see mail emails there are only 4 messages. Why does it show I have so many and how can I get rid of that huge number next to my mailbox ? Kind regards Harry
Hi, Harry! Welcome to iPF!

I've read your other post about photos as wallpaper, and I guess you updated to iOS 7 recently. Some iPad users had the problem you're facing now with the Mail app: it showed lots of unread emails that had been deleted or read before.

After updating an iDevice, it's always a very good idea to reset it. This won't remove any data or settings on your iPad, it may just smooth out a few glitches: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

If the app still shows that number, try this:
Open the Mail app, tap "Edit":

image-811645180.jpg

Now "Mark All" at the bottom:

image-3115062123.jpg

And this will be your next step:

image-2976468479.jpg

Hope that helps.

OP
H

Hazza46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi J.A. many thanks for your advice, resetting didn't help but Marking All did the trick.
Much appreciated
Kind regards
Harry

Most reactions