What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobutler said:
Can I delete mail from my Trash all at once instead of doing it one by one which is tedious?

Yes. Open the trash, click edit, look near the bottom, press red button 'delete all'

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open which trash? I'm not getting trash to open from the two trash cans I see.

Hello - please provide us w/ more information: 1) iPad model; and 2) iOS installed? I'm assuming that you are using the native Mail App and have setup one or more email accounts - which ones (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)? Also, where are you seeing the 'two trash cans'?

Attached is a 'screen shot' from my iPad w/ iOS 8.1.2 - I have migrated to the folders on my Yahoo account - if I tap on the Trash folder (blue arrow) (NOT the trash can in the upper right menu bar), it will open w/ a list of emails w/i the folder - an 'Edit' option is at the top right of the opened folder - when pressed, new options appear @ the bottom w/ 'Delete All' on the right - give that a try. Dave :)

P.S. this thread is a year & a half old and iOS has changed, so the original posts may not be valid.
IMG_1243.PNG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't worry about the trash folder, it's the 3500 that are in my inbox.

Well, from your terse previous post, I assumed you were referring to the issues discussed earlier in this thread - I would suggest that you begin your own 'new' thread and provide much more detail (such as the questions I asked previously).

This will not be easily done via the iPad's mail app - not knowing which email provider(s) you are using, difficult to give you further advice here - but if your provider has a web-based interface (such as Yahoo or Gmail), then you likely will be able to clean up the inbox much more conveniently on a regular computer. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts