What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, can some one tell me that I was use safari then I check my mail thro apps suddenly I saw the mail which is send few days back was still in sent folder clear in front of me for second I saw in the folder then clear what was that? Plz let known tks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Mail app gets notifications of new emails and/or automatically checks for new email, then downloads all or part of each email. What it does not do is automatically check when an email has been deleted from the server by other apps or methods (like filters and rules).

So, the deleted emails show up for a bit, then disappear as Mail syncs with the server.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But sir I talk mails which I send near past mail box always put record the mail I send it there was 3 to 4 mail at the time

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There was a mail in my out box.i use safari for surfing then again I open mail box in sent folder my mail gone.all mail clear. I hope u understand.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There was a mail in my out box.i use safari for surfing then again I open mail box in sent folder my mail gone.all mail clear. I hope u understand.

Mail stays in the outbox as long as it is not delivered, after you sent the mail. At that time, the mail is somewhere between the recipient and the servers. As soon as the recipient receives the mail, it is stored in the sent mail folder.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes after delivery mail then it's goes in sent item folder when I surf at different sites when go back in mail apps vanish

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, if I'm understanding correctly: You sent some mail, and it went to the Sent folder as expected. You left the Mail app to browse in Safari then returned to Mail. The sent emails disappeared from the Sent folder as you watched.

I can not think of any likely reason for this to happen.

If you have web access to that email account, I would check there and see if the Sent emails are still there. Be sure to check the Trash and/or All Mail folders. It's possible that they were automatically moved by some rule or feature of the service.

That is all I can think of.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes now u got my point sorry for engilsh. Now plz guide me that is possible that some hacking or something like that clear all mail form folder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It seems unlikely that your account would be hacked, just so someone could remove mail from your Sent folder. It's more likely to be a glitch, or some other feature of your account.

If it continues to happen, I'd contact your email provider. Maybe they can shed light on the problem. I have no ideas beyond the few I've already mentioned.

Most reactions

Latest posts