What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail sync

Tjwilson35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all ,my photos sync from iPad 3 to iPhone 4 as does my calendar,songs and aps but my mail does not ,should mail sync between the two yet or is it something I can look forward to becoming available through a update
Be safe
Enjoy life

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you talking about an iCloud email address, and is it turned on (the same address) on both devices?

They should sync, though it may not be instantaneous.

Mail that is pushed will go to each device, but will not be removed until you actually open Mail and give it a few seconds to sync. Only new mail is pushed automatically. Deleting or moving mail requires an actually sync, which does not happen in the background.

Last edited:
OP
Tjwilson35

Tjwilson35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me ,bear with me very new to me all this syncing my email is a live.com.au account and is the same on both phone and iPad thought if I deleted a email of my phone it would sync with my iPad when both were on wifi ??????? It would dlt of the other and vise versa
Be safe
Enjoy life
Regards Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar withe that account type. It is basically hotmail in Australia, yes?

If you've set both devices up using the default Hotmail setup they should work. Try deleting and re-adding the accounts. That sometimes clears up problems.

Hotmail can also be set up as an Exchange account, which might work better. If you do so I recommend doing it on both devices.

How To Setup Hotmail Using Exchange ActiveSync On Your iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch For Push Email, Calendar & Contacts

I don't have a Hotmail account myself, so that's about all the help I can give.

Most reactions

Latest posts