What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail shows wrong previews

Reaction score
Mail is scaring me.

It shows me previews of emails which are not mine. I have included a screenshot of Mail (blurred all personal info though). Anyway, the email from Zagg in the preview addresses a different person than the actual email does and the order number is different, too.

Any idea, as to what is going on?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 2,694
Last edited:
OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Nickso said:
Is it just emails from Zagg or others as well.
Are you using gmail or connecting to another ISP email via exchange.

If you are connecting to an ISP then I bet it is an issue on their end.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

I usually just ignore most my emails. Today was the first time I noticed this inconsistency.
There are three Exchange accounts setup, Gmail, Nemo and Hotmail, this last one is which received the email from Zagg.

By connecting to an ISP, what do you mean exactly? Hotmail isn't tied to any specific ISP, but I am currently at home.

An iPad reboot and Mail restart has not fixed anything.

The thing that worries me, if I receive someone else's email, than someone else might receive my emails too.

In any case, thank you for these suggestions.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
I usually just ignore most my emails. Today was the first time I noticed this inconsistency.
There are three Exchange accounts setup, Gmail, Nemo and Hotmail, this last one is which received the email from Zagg.

By connecting to an ISP, what do you mean exactly? Hotmail isn't tied to any specific ISP, but I am currently at home.

An iPad reboot and Mail restart has not fixed anything.

The thing that worries me, if I receive someone else's email, than someone else might receive my emails too.

In any case, thank you for these suggestions.

I tried googling your issue, and this happened to some people using droids, and deleting and re-adding the email account on the phone may have fixed it for them. I believe that's going beyond the mail restart. They attributed it to a caching issue.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Mail is scaring me.

It shows me previews of emails which are not mine. I have included a screenshot of Mail (blurred all personal info though). Anyway, the email from Zagg in the preview addresses a different person than the actual email does and the order number is different, too.

Any idea, as to what is going on?

Watch out DUMI, they are after you!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I doubt it has anything to do with the iPad, unless going to Hotmails' web site gives you a different result.

Most likely, ZAGG is messing up their mailing list.

Or, you're the intended victim of a spear phishing attack. Don't click on any of those links.

Less likely, your Hotmail account is compromised and someone used it to order a ZAGG keyboard. Change your password.

Even less likely, Hotmail's servers are really messed up. Nothing you can do except complain.

Most reactions

Latest posts