1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

mail question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Texwiller, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Texwiller

Texwiller iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi
    I just joined the forum and am wondering if there is a way to not keep sent messages in Mail?
    Also, you can only delete one sent message at the time, what's with that?

thx
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Unfortunately the answer to both of your questions is really 'no'. There has been a lot of discussion on this Forum about deleting multiple email messages at once and the consensus is that this is not possible. You have to delete them one-at-a-time.

As far as I'm aware too, there's no real way not to save Sent messages. You can change the behaviour of the Sent message folder in 'Settings', so you could choose to put them in another folder - even Trash - but I can see no way of not saving them *somewhere*!

Tim
    Scotland
  3. Texwiller

Texwiller iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was afraid of that...btw where in Settings can I save Sent messages to Trash?
  4. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You can select "edit" you will get a small circle to the left of each message. Tap multiple circles and now press the delete on the bottom.
  5. Texwiller

Texwiller iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I know that but I wish you could delete them at all once like you can in the Trash
    looks to me like poor file management in Mail :(
  6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Account', <select the account you want to edit>, 'Account', 'Advanced', 'Sent Mailbox', and there you can 'tick' where you want the messages to be sent.

But, I think I may have misled you because it seems, now I examine it again that, while you can select where they're sent on the Server, it doesn't seem to offer that option on the iPad.

Sorry to have got your hopes up!

Tim
    Scotland
  7. Texwiller

Texwiller iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the sentiment seems to me like a big oversight on Apple's part hope they improve on it in the next iOS update