What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mail question

Texwiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
I just joined the forum and am wondering if there is a way to not keep sent messages in Mail?
Also, you can only delete one sent message at the time, what's with that?

thx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately the answer to both of your questions is really 'no'. There has been a lot of discussion on this Forum about deleting multiple email messages at once and the consensus is that this is not possible. You have to delete them one-at-a-time.

As far as I'm aware too, there's no real way not to save Sent messages. You can change the behaviour of the Sent message folder in 'Settings', so you could choose to put them in another folder - even Trash - but I can see no way of not saving them *somewhere*!

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

Texwiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraid of that...btw where in Settings can I save Sent messages to Trash?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
I just joined the forum and am wondering if there is a way to not keep sent messages in Mail?
Also, you can only delete one sent message at the time, what's with that?

thx
You can select "edit" you will get a small circle to the left of each message. Tap multiple circles and now press the delete on the bottom.

OP
T

Texwiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
You can select "edit" you will get a small circle to the left of each message. Tap multiple circles and now press the delete on the bottom.

Yes I know that but I wish you could delete them at all once like you can in the Trash
looks to me like poor file management in Mail :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraid of that...btw where in Settings can I save Sent messages to Trash?

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Account', <select the account you want to edit>, 'Account', 'Advanced', 'Sent Mailbox', and there you can 'tick' where you want the messages to be sent.

But, I think I may have misled you because it seems, now I examine it again that, while you can select where they're sent on the Server, it doesn't seem to offer that option on the iPad.

Sorry to have got your hopes up!

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

Texwiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Account', <select the account you want to edit>, 'Account', 'Advanced', 'Sent Mailbox', and there you can 'tick' where you want the messages to be sent.

But, I think I may have misled you because it seems, now I examine it again that, while you can select where they're sent on the Server, it doesn't seem to offer that option on the iPad.

Sorry to have got your hopes up!

Tim
Scotland

thanks for the sentiment seems to me like a big oversight on Apple's part hope they improve on it in the next iOS update

Most reactions