What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail Push vs. Fetch, iPad3 vs. iPhone5

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before the recent acquisition of an iPhone5, arrival of Yahoo mail on the iPad alerted with a ding. After setting up Yahoo on the iPhone5 I get dings on the iPhone, which offers the Push option in Fetch New Data > Advanced, and no dings on the iPad, which does not offer the Push option. Is this the cause of no Mail alerts on the iPad, and if so, why the different Yahoo options? The iPad fetches mail dutifully every time Mail is opened, with a ding, but I want the alert when it's "sleeping". Ideas?

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably set to Manual on your iPad.

Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data - and if need be "Advanced" to choose your mail setup.

OP
D

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds>Alerts has volume full, no manual control.

Fetch New Data has Push ON

Fetch New Data > Advanced > Yahoo offers only Fetch & Manual, is set to Fetch.

Everything is the same on the iPhone except that for reasons I don't understand,
Fetch New Data > Advanced > Yahoo offers Push, Fetch, and Manual, and is set to Push. And it dings when mail arrives.

Tim Spraaken is always helpful, don't see anything there that applies here.

Maybe it will all repair itself with the next OS update.

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts