What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail problems

skewett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An anyone please advise. I don't seem to be able to download any mail, other than headers. I alway get the message content not downloaded from the server. I've been all over the settings but can't sort it without some help. Much appreciated

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was having severe mil issues on both my iPad 2 and my HTC Thunderbolt about 2 weeks ago. Nothing would download or it would timeout, etc. It turns out that I had over 3,000 emails saved in the trash folder of my server and it was creating a real log jam for the other devices trying to access mail. So once I deleted all of them (and continue to clear it out each day), I haven't had any issues at all, so it wasn't a problem with my iPad or Thunderbolt but rather the email server itself.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman is right. It depends on the email server/service you're using. For some, a really big "trash" or "junk" folder (or other frequently accessed folder) may be the cause of the bog-down or lock-up. That's why some email services and clients "archive" or compress old mail sitting in the folder forever.

Try clearing the "junk" and "trash" folders, as they often tend to be the ones that fill up the most and the fastest. Good email housekeeping is a plus. Spend a little time going through the one other folder that loads up easily: the INBOX. Get rid of the cruft and file away stuff you really don't need to keep there long-term. For exchange and IMAP servers, etc., the inbox folder is the one synced most often.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
S

skewett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip guys. I think I might have skewed my thread slightly. After checking again last night I can get simple mail now but the message content not downloaded from the server stops me getting pictures emailed to me.

I don't think it's a backlog on my server (orange uk) as I get regular email on my Samsung phone.

Any more ideas gratefully accepted.

catfishjeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my new iPad and iPhone give me either "This message has not been downloaded from the server" or "this message has no content." This happens only with my domain emails - Gmail and .me work perfectly. However, it's the domain email that I need the most since that's all business and unless I can start getting all of it on the iPad, I can't break away from the MacBookPro during off business hours. I've blown away all trash files and have no spam or junk since that's handled externally by SpamDrain. So I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks. CatfishJeff

tiffanyjudith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also can't get my clear email on my iPad , I can get my gmail. When I go to telstraclear, the note comes up " cannot get mail"
Should I ring telstra or what?

Most reactions

Latest posts