What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail problems on iPad Mini 4

lowenstein24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For several week I have been having problems, I delete emails from various folders in my Mail but they keep coming back, I can do this countless time and the same thing happens over and over, and on the home page on the mail icon it keeps having the little red spot with a number of new emails but when I open up the mail those listed are messages I have already read and deleted, this has become really annoying, is there any thing I can do the fix this problem ( I ran an update on the iPad software yesterday but that didn't work )

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Which kind of account shows this behaviour? Is it iCloud, Gmail, ...? POP or IMAP?

OP
lowenstein24

lowenstein24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome ;) it is POP 3

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you could try, is deleting the account from your iPad, then setting it up again. This might help.

POP accounts were originally created to work on one device only. So it happens quite often that they develop problems when used on more than one device.
If possible, move the account to an IMAP account.

For more information, take a look at this post:
Serious prob: mail comes back even tho deleted at server!
This one is from a few years ago, but explains the difference between POP and IMAP very well:
E-mail sign-on

Hope that helps.

OP
lowenstein24

lowenstein24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your help, I have to go out for a few hours this morning but will have a read later on

OP
lowenstein24

lowenstein24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just thinking, my ISP is having problems at the moment with their email and I am wondering if that might be the problem with my iPad because I also have a Yahoo mail account that I rarely use but I haven't noticed a problem on the iPad with it

Most reactions