What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail Notifications

psflower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Mail App on my iPad shows I have one notification, but when opening there are no notifications. When I do have mail after reading and deleting them there is always one notification left. Relatively new to all this, so what have I done? Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My email notifications don't update very well. They generally show up, but never disappear until the app is opened, even if they've been moved or deleted on the server.

For instance, most Junk mail gets a notification. If I've got mail open on my computer it goest to the Junk Mail folder almost immediately. Unfortunately the iPad notification stays until I open the Mail app and it syncs with the server.

I've had apparently stuck notifications before. They turned out to be mail waiting in a second account's inbox. If you've got multiple accounts just tap the back button on the top left (landscape view) until you can see all the inboxes.

Now I just leave All Inboxes selected, and that solves that.

OP
P

psflower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but I only have one email account. This one notification has been there for a week.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try powering it off and on again.

If that doesn't work hold the power and home button down until it reboots. This will be a few seconds after the power off slider shows up. The apple logo will appear. Release the buttons and wait, longer than you expect probably, but it will eventually finish restarting.

That's as close to a hard reset as you can get without loosing apps and data.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

OP
P

psflower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once again thanks twerppoet, have tried that. off to the Apple shop me thinks...

OP
P

psflower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, problem solved, just did a system restore by syncing with itunes & original settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts