1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Mail inbox folders (sub-boxes)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by peterwhi, Jul 19, 2011.

1. peterwhi

peterwhi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't for the life of me figure out or find any reference in the Guides to how the extra boxes are created in the iPad Mail into which I can MOVE emails I want to retain on the iPad.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    You can't do this directly on the iPad. If you have your inbound mail protocol set to POP you can't do it at all.

If your inbound mail protocol is set to IMAP, then the iPad will reflect the folder structure on your email server. So you'll need to establish the folder structure there that you want to see on the iPad - using webmail - and then, when you open the iPad's Mail app, you'll see the folder structure that you established on the mail server on your iPad.

Tim
  3. ronmyers

ronmyers iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having cut my teeth on Microsoft apps I am used to having many folders to file my e mails - It's very frustrating not to have additional folders available. Hopefully Apple will note comments from users and action reasonable/common requests.