What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail Icon

Reaction score
This is more of an annoyance than a problem. For several weeks now the Mail icon has been displaying a red 4, indicating I have four unread messages, even though I have none. I have tried emptying all the boxes, inbox, Sent, Drafts and trash, everything, and still the icon remains with the red 4 in the top right hand corner. Do you have any idea how I can clear this, or do I need to accept it is hardly life threatening and concentrate on matters more important? I have iPad 2 and the "problem"began before the recent system update.

OP
A
Reaction score
This is more of an annoyance than a problem. For several weeks now the Mail icon has been displaying a red 4, indicating I have four unread messages, even though I have none. I have tried emptying all the boxes, inbox, Sent, Drafts and trash, everything, and still the icon remains with the red 4 in the top right hand corner. Do you have any idea how I can clear this, or do I need to accept it is hardly life threatening and concentrate on matters more important? I have iPad 2 and the "problem"began before the recent system update.

I have answered my own question. There were four unread messages in my iCloud account.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to iPF!
Glad you found the solution to your problem!
Enjoy your time here!

Most reactions

Latest posts