What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail has stopped working

jumperkate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mail box is frozen. It won't open messages, change to a different box, etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Kathy

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

The normal solution for problems like this is to hold both the home and on/off buttons until the silver apple logo appears, it may take a little while, then allow it to restart. When it does, hopefully your mail will be working again but if not let us know.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

The Archangel

JackiMcK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel. That worked!

Kathy
Hi there and welcome.

The normal solution for problems like this is to hold both the home and on/off buttons until the silver apple logo appears, it may take a little while, then allow it to restart. When it does, hopefully your mail will be working again but if not let us know.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

The Archangel
Read this email. I did all if above, then backed up my iPad to iTunes and reset settings. When I restarted iPad the mailbox is still frozen. What can I do now?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your issue, but this is an old thread, so I'm not surprised it didn't quite work for you.

So, could you please tell us exactly what is going on with your Mail? That way, we can probably help you.

Thanks.

Marilyn

JackiMcK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your issue, but this is an old thread, so I'm not surprised it didn't quite work for you.

So, could you please tell us exactly what is going on with your Mail? That way, we can probably help you.

Thanks.

Marilyn

JackiMcK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was sending an email and the mailbox froze. I quit out of mail and when I click on the mail icon it is as if I don't have an account set up. I went to Apple and he told me to backup my Ipad to my computer, which I did. He then told me to reset settings, which I did but I still can't get into email. If I reset network settings and restore, will it restore the frozen mailbox? If I erase all content and settings will this restore new or old mailbox? Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was sending an email and the mailbox froze. I quit out of mail and when I click on the mail icon it is as if I don't have an account set up. I went to Apple and he told me to backup my Ipad to my computer, which I did. He then told me to reset settings, which I did but I still can't get into email. If I reset network settings and restore, will it restore the frozen mailbox? If I erase all content and settings will this restore new or old mailbox? Thanks.

Have you tried to restart the iPad? To do, hold both the Sleep and the Home buttons until you see the Apple logo. Once the iPad restarts, see if your Mail app is fixed.

If that doesn't work, try going into the "Mail, Contact, Calendars" section of your Settings app. Once there, delete the mail account that you were using when it crashed. Then, re-enter the information to put that mail account back on your iPad.

It couldn't hurt to try to reset network settings. The one thing I would recommend you NOT do is to restore the iPad. Let's see if any of these options help get your mail sorted, first.

Marilyn

JackiMcK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did all of the above to no avail. Will now try resetting network settings but need to do another backup first. Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have an alternate method of accessing the email, like a website, go there; to make sure the site is working, and to clean up your emails (incase it is some weird problem with one email causing the issue).

Also check with your provider to make sure they are not having problems with their servers. It's possible to have problems with the servers that work with the iPad and still have good webmail service.

Most reactions