What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail frozen

aledpost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am relatively new iPad 3 user and recently my mail iPad mail app freezes - it says it's checking for mail but doesn't get any when there are mail items in my hotmail in box.

I have tried changing the setting for mail, calendar, etc, but again that is frozen.

I have also tried restoring my iPad but nothing seems to work - any ideas?

The app did work well for the first 3 months

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the old standby: close all apps, then restart or reset? To (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

-----

This process helps in a lot of cases. If not yours, give us a holler back and we'll take another try at it.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Let us know if Mickey's very good advice fixed your issue.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
A

aledpost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey, thanks I've tried everything you suggested but it still doesn't want to play - also I can't edit my calendar entries or add new ones which is similarly strange as I could do it before mail started to play up

Anybody out there with any other suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you go into your Settings app and move the account from your iPad? Then, you can add it back again. Sometimes, they just get glitches...

Marilyn

OP
A

aledpost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried changing things on the settings app but the mail and calendar section of the app is also frozen for some reason - the other items are fine

OP
A

aledpost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted - restored the iPad back to factory setting and all ok now ;-)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, although I am sorry you had to restore back to factory settings - I am glad you got it sorted.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

anurag75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email box setting is frozen I cannot change even I cannot go back to factory setti

I've tried changing things on the settings app but the mail and calendar section of the
My email box setting is frozen I cannot change .even I cannot go back to factory setting.
Also iCloud setting I cannot change. Please help.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried changing things on the settings app but the mail and calendar section of the
My email box setting is frozen I cannot change .even I cannot go back to factory setting.
Also iCloud setting I cannot change. Please help.

It's a bit puzzling when you say you can't get back to factory settings. Factory settings erase all your content and bring your iPad to a factory default condition just like when you first got your iPad.

That, somewhat drastic step, when other settings changes don't work, is done as follows:
Settings, General, Reset, then tap "Erase all content and settings".

Perhaps for further assistance to you could you outline the steps you took in further detail and what are the details of the problem/s?
It does not sound an impossible situation, as you don't seem to have reset to factory default yet.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts