What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail folders?

Appleegg1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to create separate mail folders, so as to organize my emails?

If not.....why did they make this colossal mistake in design?

Mahal.

xlar54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im connected to gmail and my gmail folders show up with no issue. i guess its all about the server.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not a mistake

But by design. The iPad is a device to view mail. So it depends on how you set up your mail folders at the source. My primary source is Verizon, it is set up as POP. The iPad does not recognize folders created in POP. But if you use Gmail, as previosly noted, Gmail uses MAPP, which iPad recognizes.

I tried to get Verizon to allow me to change from POP to MAPP but of course they are not going to let one customer change their setting! Very frustrating. I am migrating my email to MobileMe--which is compatible with the iPad.

Some folks have mentioned a problem getting their folders from the MicroSoft's email product because of the changes they are making in their software.

The iPad cannot be all things to all applications and all purposes. I don't believe that is a design mistake. Rather, it is working as designed. It is up to you to make the necessary adjustments!

Welcome to the forum!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that on my iPad in my mail I can't make new folders. I have to do it through my desktop, then it shows up on here.

Last edited:

dprouty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks MattIM. I have hotmail which is a POP account so now I know why i can't get folders to show up on my ipad. Bummed :(

felicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An here's another question on mail folders ...

I've set my exchange mail account. In the server I have several folders and tons of subfolders, which were created via outlook and thet I can "expand" or not based on needs.

The problem is that I still haven't found a way to "collapse" them on the IPad. When I open the exchange mail folder I have my 100 subfolders all opened, so that scrolling down to look for what I search is a nightmare...

Any hint on how to collapse subfolders in the I Pad view?

mail1.png

angrymonkey0012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't seem possible.
I have already created folders in outlook with my internode account and with hotmail. Both are displaying great. However my rules are not operating which sucks. Understandable since I would have to apply the same rules on each device I view the emails on. But it also seems impossible to create rules on my iPad aswell :(
This should definitely be a feature that is added to the iPad!

Carol Nader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
angrymonkey0012 said:
It doesn't seem possible.
I have already created folders in outlook with my internode account and with hotmail. Both are displaying great. However my rules are not operating which sucks. Understandable since I would have to apply the same rules on each device I view the emails on. But it also seems impossible to create rules on my iPad aswell :(
This should definitely be a feature that is added to the iPad!

how can I save my emails in subfolders? Can't create subfolders? Help

Carol Nader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best app to edit MSG docs via Dropbox? Smart office 2 sucks!
Oops meant MS office docs

Most reactions