What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail app

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to set up Fingerprint. It tells me to go into the Mail app, reply, etc. I use individual apps, but dug out the Mail app. I need to configure each account but can't see how. I did it a year ago and all 3 have changed passes, etc. I have looked for icons but fount a list of accounts . From there I don't see a way to configure

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Fingerprint, the AirPrint enabling app for your computer?

There is no configuration on the iPad. It's all done on the computer. Once you do so the Print option in Mail on the iPad should see any printers you've enabled on the computer.

Any failure to see this will be a problem between the printer, computer, router, or the iPad's network connection. There is nothing you can do in the Mail app (or other apps) that will make a bit of difference.

The only possible reason I can see for you to get directed to reply to something in Mail would have to do with validating your copy of Fingerprint on the computer. There was a recent update that will only work with Windows 7 and up (if I remember correctly). You could get a reduced price.

I don't use Fingerprint, but replying to a confirmation email is a common way to enable download or licensing when you upgrade apps on a computer.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The fingerprint installation instructions use the mail app as an example to test its working. I've already explained this in a previous thread the op had, but it appears they want to follow the instructions exactly. Again it is not a requirement to use the mail app to setup, it just directs you to try printing an email out.

The op should just try printing whatever he needed fingerprint installed for in the first place instead of worrying about an app he doesn't normally use.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
She thanks you. If the instructions say to use Mail, then I follow instructions. I've used a PC for 18+ years and they never mention a specific mail app as you have a choice. I forgot I had the iPad mail app or that it handled multiple accounts. If I could configure -- a question I asked in two threads apparently without an answer -- I would use it. Now I know if the iPad references Mail, it means a Mail app.

I looked for the original thread but t was not under my username , hence reposted.

Most reactions

Latest posts