What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mail app - add photo?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
use to be an icon so that user could attach photos, but I don’t see it.
is this an improvement ?

â˜ș

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the built in Mail app, tap and hold in the email, then you can add images:
3E21031E-A8C8-4BD5-82B2-9619B92694E7.jpeg

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In iOS 12, I see a camera icon at the right end of the keyboard, above the delete key. Alternatively, press-and-hold until the black menu strip appears, then select "Insert Photo or Video."

Oops, Johanna got in ahead of me. See the little camera in her screenie?

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
that’s precisely the icon I was looking for but which isn’t present - I just checked and confirmed this. 12.9” IPP, iOS 12

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
that’s precisely the icon I was looking for but which isn’t present - I just checked and confirmed this. 12.9” IPP, iOS 12
It’s not there when you’re typing an email address. As soon as you use the keyboard to enter text in the area below Subject, it should be there. It’s working that way on my iPad Pro, 12.9”, iOS 12.

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It’s not there when you’re typing an email address. As soon as you use the keyboard to enter text in the area below Subject, it should be there. It’s working that way on my iPad Pro, 12.9”, iOS 12.

If you want to insert a few photos it is easier to open the photo app in split screen mode and you can drag and drop them.

Most reactions